• You will mentor sourcing team members to help them build and grow their skill set and ability to source across multiple disciplines. This can include individual as well as group sourcing sessions, trainings, technical or business aptitude, as well as stay up to date on the latest sourcing tools and techniques.
• In furtherance of our TD&I delivery model you will develop new and novel sourcing strategies. This will include data analysis of Expedia’s data to identify roles hired in volume, managed, and niche categories. (ie: Which positions should we focus our efforts on for pipelining and which positions will be on-demand)
• You will help to evaluate the existing tools we have, both paid and open source, and determine which tools are best suited for our needs. Paid sourcing tools will need to be evaluated based on ROI and open source tools will be evaluated based on effectiveness and efficiency.
• You will develop and deliver effective Talent Insights across a variety of job profiles, regions, and locations in order to be able to deliver market data to hiring leaders. Ideally this is programmatic making use of Insights tool on LinkedIn Recruiter as well as historical data pulled from pooling efforts in Beamery.
• Ensure Beamery usage and adherence the best practices for building and utilizing the CRM. This will require keeping informed of the latest changes to GDPR guidelines. Leading training sessions as needed and determining areas of improvement. Ensuring data value is optimized.
• You will conduct 1 to 1 meetings with Sourcing Recruiters to understand what team members want to do to grow their skill set, understand any challenges they face, help them gain a broader perspective of Expedia as a business, and encourage learning.
• As a Sourcing Manager, we are looking for someone that leads by doing and contributes to building out our talent pools. The expectation is you would work on any role and any time and be called on to supplement sourcing efforts as needed. We want to have someone who is leading by example and staying current on sourcing tools, techniques, and candidate engagement. (This will reduce in time as the team and role grows).
• You will implement effective strategies and measure the success of varying strategies to
increase our diversity channels and diversity-based sourcing methods.
• Engage with TD&I Management Team on Recruiter/Sourcer partnerships.
• Drive a superior candidate engagement experience end-to-end partnering with TD&I Managers to provide feedback and process improvements. Shared Accountability with the Sr. Manager Technical Recruiting for North America:
• You will develop ideal metrics for Sourcer performance and output while setting expectations that these metrics will range based on the individual Sourcing team member based on the volume, level, and complexity of the roles/job families assigned.
• You will develop sourcing training materials and lead training sessions. In addition to our current sourcing methodology and training materials you will develop, curate, and document up-to-date sourcing training for technical and non-technical roles.
• Research and determine which type of events provide a good ROI for Expedia to attend and work with engineering leadership across the company to understand which conferences they and their team members attend and how we can leverage those events. This would include recruiting efforts geared towards affinity groups and diversity strategies.
You’ll fit this role if you/have:
• Proven experience in a Talent Acquisition function, recruiting to multiple disciplines
• A deep knowledge of Sourcing, and a knowledge of this evolving market. You will likely be a member of
external organisations where you discuss approaches and challenges in this field
• Continue to be passionate about hands on recruitment, comfortable managing a small team whilst leading
from the front and delivering end to end recruitment activity
• A background in a global business, probably highly matrixed
• The ability to influence hiring managers by providing value-added recruiting advice and insights
• Are able to comprehensively understand the business strategy and to build and connect it to a talent strategy that delivers the short and long term requirements
• Capacity to anticipate future talent needs of the organization and build a steady stream of prospective talent
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, including being able to prioritize workload based on business needs
• Demonstrated ability in exercising sound judgment while working with a high degree of independence
• Degree in human resources related discipline, and/or equivalent qualification or experience
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so. Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach.
We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social
responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.