Are you fascinated by data and the thought of building real-time data pipelines that can process massive amounts of data at scale for one of the largest online travel platforms? Come and join the mission to accelerate data and AI capabilities across Expedia Group. We are looking for a senior Data Engineer to join our Marketing Data Engineering team which is responsible for building and maintaining data and software products that unlock opportunities for marketing performance optimization for our Mobile App platform for all Brands . Come, join us on our journey to create the most intelligent travel platform in the world.
We believe in being different and challenging the status quo. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds, and approaches. Expedia is committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
What you'll do:
• Work with a team of skilled and experienced Big Data/Software engineers to design and code large scale real-time/batch data pipelines in Cloud ( AWS ) to support data models and reports to unlock Mobile App performance optimization.
• Learn about Mobile app ecosystem from data lens .
• Data quality: build quality checks in the end to end data pipelines .
• Build data pipeline using Python/Scala scripting (in a modular/loop context) .
• Implement all the necessary infrastructures which allow self-healing and observable monitoring of data ingestion, and consumption through Datadog.
• Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or user documentation and look for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile mindset
• Accountable for individual tasks and assignments as well as your team's overall productivity
• Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
• Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed multi-functional teams
Who you are:
• Degree in Computer science or related technical field or equivalent related professional experience
• 3+ years of meaningful work experience in Big Data /distributed computer projects
• 2+ years' experience in crafting real-time streaming and batch applications
• Extensive experience in programming in Scala/Java/Python (any)
• Knowledge around Distributed Systems Architecture.
• Knowledgeable in Hadoop-ecosystem technologies including Apache Spark
• Experience working with any NoSql database
• Experience building data pipelines using cloud services (eg. - AWS)
• Passionate about working with data and data technologies
Want to learn from our experiences in our journey with Tech and Data - https://medium.com/expedia-group-tech/data/home
Know more about us and our people - https://blog.lifeatexpediagroup.com/
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Join us as we look for outstanding talent to help us power global travel for everyone, everywhere.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.