Expedia Group is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join its Regulatory Team in Expedia Legal & Government Affairs. This position will focus on all countries in Asia, and Australia and New Zealand working with the Expedia Government Affairs team and other senior executives. General responsibilities include monitoring changing laws, helping the Government Affairs team with policy and input into laws affecting e-commerce and the travel industry, proposing compliance solutions, and implementing compliance. Work includes laws affecting internet businesses and short-term vacation rentals, hotel accommodations, and car rental. If you like being part of a small team working with senior leaders to counsel on new laws pertaining to ecommerce, helping the company build compliance programs, providing daily legal counsel, and enjoy working on e-commerce regulatory matters, this is the position for you.
What you’ll do:
• Working with Government Affairs on strategic planning and policy
• Providing legal analysis of pending new laws and work on drafting or amending legislation
• Represent Expedia in discussions with legislators and regulators regarding proposed and existing laws
• Seek business input and propose solutions for implementation and compliance with new laws for all Expedia Group lines of business
• Work with Expedia Regulatory Operations teams and Product to build compliance systems, and
• Set up communications and work with other teams to ensure knowledge of laws and ongoing compliance.
Who are you:
• 8+ years of legal experience, preferably with experience providing legal counsel and support for e-commerce regulatory matters
• J.D. degree (or equivalent) and membership in good standing in [Singapore.]
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Common sense, great judgment, strong intellectual curiosity, and a good sense of humor
• Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and efficiently with colleagues and business clients
• Results orientation with a customer focus
• Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.