Expedia Group (EG) revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a hardworking and focused team from all over the world – with 20,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds, and approaches because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous.
What you’ll do:
· You will collaborate with team members to co-develop and solve problems.
· You will proactively reach out to meet peers across environment and collaborate to solve problems.
Leadership and Mentoring:
· You will take advantage of opportunities to build new technical expertise in a specific engineering area.
· You will seek knowledge from subject matter experts when needed.
Systems and Technological Integration:
· You understand the importance of system and technology integration and the basic features and facilities involved in the integration process.
Application Development /Programming:
· You will develop and test standard software applications and related programs and procedures to ensure they meet design requirements.
· You will apply software design principles, data structures and/or design patterns and computer science fundamentals to write code that is clean, maintainable, optimized, modular with good naming conventions.
· You will apply knowledge of database design to solve data requirements.
· You will helps coordinate stakeholder input and collaboration efforts when developing solutions to issues.
· You will think broadly and understand how, why and when policies/processes are standardized and when they differ across the organization.
· You will execute tasks and/or provides data to support implementation of holistic solutions that forge linkages between structure, people, process and technology.
· You can apply formal training methods to current workload. You feel comfortable challenging authority/the status quo.
· You report clearly on current work status. You ask challenging questions when empowered to do so.
Who you are:
· Bachelor's or Masters degree in a Technical field; or equivalent related professional experience.
· Equivalent experience includes:
Developing software in a team environment of at least 5 engineers (agile, version control, etc.)
Building and maintaining a software project/product in production environments in public/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
· Strength in a language, moderate familiarity in other applicable languages.
· Familiarity in a couple data stores or API access patterns and integration.
· Familiarity with associated technologies within your specialization as part of the wider ecosystem.
· Understanding of how projects fit together within your team.
· Able to understand moderately complex systems.
· Ability to test and monitor your own code.
· Understanding of testing and monitoring tools.
· Ability to debug applications.
· Understanding of how teams’ goals fit a business need.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the ability of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where remarkable people want to do their best work and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to Engineering or Customer Support, Marketing, or Lodging Supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal: to bring the world within reach. We strive passionately for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.