Are you ready to make an impact at a ground-breaking tech company, powered by the world’s largest online travel platform?
We are rewriting the book on how companies and their employees arrange travel. Unique in the market, we operate like an agile and entrepreneurial start-up but are backed by one of the world’s largest travel groups Expedia Group. Expedia Group has invested twice the amount on technology advancement in last years than any of Egencia’s competitors and this means we’re growing and growing fast.
As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
We are looking for a talented java developer who is passionate about new technologies and has a real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will be joining the team in charge of our global air platform at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to help Egencia and the Expedia Group consolidate its position as a major player in the business travel.
What will you do
• Contribute to new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other teams in an agile environment.
• Deliver tested and optimized high performance code.
• Analyse customers’ feedback and identify opportunities for enhancing the customers experience.
• Contribute to the production duties for the services owned by your team: Monitoring, Release Management, On Call.
• Contribute to our inner-source culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization.
• Opportunity to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences.
Who you are
• You are convinced that testing is coding.
• You can drive the technical implementation of projects at various scales, from small to larger projects spanning over several of months.
• You are passionate about reviewing your work and other’s.
• You want to define and improve microservice systems in production that are used daily by real customers.
• You have learned that you build better software in a team that practices agile methodologies.
• You enjoy dealing with complexity in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment.
• You embrace the DevOps approach as you believe dev teams should be responsible for deploying and monitoring their applications with tools such as Kibana, Datadog, Github, Hubot etc…
• You cannot work without a good CI/CD pipeline based on Maven, Jenkins, Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit, Wiremock, Mockito, Git
Technologies we use:
Java, Amazon Web Services, SpringBoot, Kotlin, React.js, REST, Cucumber, Selenium, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jenkins, Kibana, Datadog, Splunk.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this job is for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.