CPCE CCaaS team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in EG apps and channels. We support over 12 thousand agents and over 65 million customer interactions a year – with a global brand portfolio and workforce. EG’s CCaaS platform and customer engagement team is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Software Development Engineer II with experiences and skillsets that demonstrate a capability for delivering high quality solutions that meet our product needs. Our team is building out intelligent self-service experiences in areas encompassing desktop and mobile web, phone systems, messaging platforms, digital assistants, and beyond. With your passion, technical skills, and effective communication, you will implement and affect solutions that drive customer effort down and improve customer service at Expedia.
· You will anticipate and recognize bottlenecks in work processes between teams and makes suggestions for ongoing improvement.
· You will lead implementation teams and ensures the successful execution of new ideas or approaches.
· You will coordinate with team to define the measures of success for process improvements.
Product Development Lifecycle:
· You will develop product phase-out planning in line with the product roadmap.
· You will determine different phase milestones and priorities in collaboration with product management peers.
· You will engage outside of direct organization and collaborate with peers across a senior level organization.
· You will partner with the business to have a clear understanding of how the technology stack is tied to business outcomes and our bottom line.
· You will test and maintain software applications and related programs and procedures by using a variety of software development tools following design requirements of customer.
· You will act as a spokesperson for software design best practices - researching and recommending frameworks and architectural/code design patterns.
· You will identify areas of improvements within the code and suggests solutions.
· You will advocate for operational excellence (such as unit testing, establishing SLAs, programming for resiliency and scalability).
· You will have broad knowledge of the entire product and in EG's languages, frameworks, cloud services, toolkits, methodologies enabling you can help with any component, or type of issues.
· You will gain insight into how customers utilize technology for their competitive advantage and apply this knowledge to suggest areas for improvement.
· You will convey the right information to the correct parties to ensure that proposals for improvements are given the proper consideration and technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
· You will contribute to product development by identifying industry change, listen to customer needs, capture feedback and communicate that feedback to the business.
· You will remain informed on industry trends. Examine inefficiencies in the existing stack operation and encourage engineers to improve them.
· You will bridge the gap in discussions between technology and non-technology personnel. Report on team status faithfully and listen for suggestions to improve lagging project work.
Resource Planning and Optimization:
· You will review the skill and expertise requirements to accomplish team goals and identify staffing and talent resources to fill project roles.
· You will develop action plans for optimal resource utilization and manage resource usage among team.
· You will encourage others to assess the potential impact of resource decisions related to efficiency and cost reduction.
· You will ensure optimal Full Time Employee to contingent worker ratios are maintained on team.
Build and Develop Individual and Team Talent:
· You will guide employees and managers in the development of team and individual goals, providing regular and specific feedback, and assessing individual and team performance.
· You will encourage and support education and professional development of employees and managers.
· You will mentor employees and managers by providing advice and recommendations based on your own experience and learnings. Share your domain and industry knowledge between cross functional teams.
· You will evaluate the full complement of team talent, identify gaps, and implement action plans to fill gaps and drive achievement of goals.
An established People Leader who leads a team of Engineers.
Experience in managing individuals across different locations.
You have strong technical acumen which allows you to be responsible for multiple technical domains; justifying technology choices to technical and non-technical observers.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.