Senior Business Development Manager - Display Ads (Singapore)
At Media Solutions, we offer marketers access to the world’s travel advertising platform, powered by the most robust first-party data in the industry. Our team of digital marketing experts equips advertising partners with everything they need to connect, engage, and convert travelers worldwide.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for identifying key businesses and selling the benefits of partnering with Expedia as an advertising partner of choice across the Asia Pacific region.
- This includes representing the advertising strategy of the partner to develop campaigns that meet their needs.
- Create, define, and implement business strategies to optimize each partner relationship on a local, regional, or global basis, including conducting day-to-day interactions, regular face-to-face commercial updates, identifying and managing marketing and promotional opportunities, and ensuring fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
- Own and lead the advertising sales process end to end from the identification of new prospects, to developing an understanding of client needs and mapping those needs with planning and strategic selling.
- The ability to navigate senior-level management and understand the political pressures of an organization to get to a positive decision is key to success.
Partner Launch/ Internal Stakeholder Management:
- Oversee the launch & on-going, day-to-day performance of advertising partnerships and influence across other functions (including internal supply teams, marketing, operations, billing, product & media planners) to ensure successful campaign delivery and resolve issues as they arise.
- Drives accountability for results throughout the organization. Define and deliver continuous improvement in revenue contribution to Media Solutions leveraged through insightful measurement and ROI analysis of new partnerships on an ongoing basis.
- Lead in all aspects of deal development - prospecting, sourcing, negotiating, and closing.
- Create a pipeline of opportunities that are managed & reviewed weekly/monthly/quarterly to ensure the pipeline is productive and yields partnerships.
- Build and manage fruitful relationships with partners and provide clients with a consultative sales experience.
- Forecast demand for proposed projects based on presented market research data and industry trends.
- Internal Stakeholder Management: Working across internal functions to optimize Media opportunities. Including interfacing with our product teams to define new product offerings and work with management on sales strategy. Other interactions include Marketing, Media Planning & Lodging and Partner Services groups. Evangelize MeSo internally and work with internal supply teams to increase value of partner.
- Quarterly Revenue Goal: Consistently meet or exceed quarterly revenue goals as set by sales leadership. Individual quarterly goal will typically exceed $700k depending on a number of factors (e.g., type and number of accounts, new vs existing business and future potential).
Who are you:
- This role requires a Bachelor's degree with min 5 years of sales experience, preferably in Media Sales or the travel industry or related field; or equivalent related professional experience
- Demonstrated media sales experience is essential; travel industry experience is desirable
- Understanding of the specific region travel and media landscape
- A proven track record of meeting revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability to effectively pitch and influence at C management level
- Demonstrated ability to analyse client needs and identify creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to optimize revenue gains for Media Solutions
- Demonstrated ability in consultative selling
- The ability to travel is required
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.