Looking to join a team at the forefront of travel technology development?
Stay (Post booking) Experience is a relevant factor in deciding Guest's overall vacation experience. In a world full of choices, Expedia Group is committed to providing not just an elevated shopping experience but also a phenomenal Stay Experience.
Expedia Group Core Tech Stay team is passionate about building a great traveler experience across all lodging brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Vrbo and others. We are accountable for post booking experience across Web, Mobile and Virtual Agent platforms, and post booking notifications such as emails and push. We know plans can change and to enable the traveler we build self service experiences such as cancellation, modification.
We are a resilient and close knit team full of hardworking, creative, curious and fun engineers. We take a lot of pride in what we do and how we do it.
What You’ll Do
- Act as a spokesperson for software design standard methodologies - researching and recommending frameworks and architectural/code design patterns.
- Identify areas of improvements within the code and suggest solutions.
- Advocate for operational excellence (such as unit testing, establishing SLAs, programming for resiliency and scalability).
- You will have broad knowledge of the entire product and in EG's languages, frameworks, cloud services, toolkits, methodologies enabling you can help with any component, or type of issues.
- You will remain informed on latest in technology. Examine inefficiencies in the existing stack operation and encourage engineers to improve them.
- Bridge the gap in discussions between technology and non-technology personnel. Report on team status faithfully and listen for suggestions to improve lagging project work.
- Review the skill and expertise requirements to accomplish team goals and identify staffing and talent resources to fill project roles.
- Develop product phase-out planning in line with the product roadmap.
- Determine different phase milestones and priorities in association with product management peers.
- Anticipate and recognise bottlenecks in work processes between teams and makes suggestions for ongoing improvement.
- Lead implementation teams and ensures the execution of new insights or approaches.
- Coordinate with team to define the measures of success for process improvements.
- Engage outside of direct organisation and collaborate with peers across a senior level organisation.
- Convey the right information to the correct parties to ensure that proposals for improvements are given the proper consideration and technical issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Contribute to product development by identifying industry change, listen to customer needs, gather feedback and communicate that feedback to the business.
- Guide employees in the development of team and individual goals, providing regular and specific feedback, and assessing individual and team performance.
- Mentor employees by providing advice and recommendations based on your own experience and takeaways. Share your domain and industry knowledge between multi-functional teams.
- Evaluate the full complement of team talent, identify gaps, and implement action plans to fill gaps and drive achievement of goals.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a related Technical field; or equivalent related professional experience.
- Knowledge of backend services and front-end applications (web technology), demonstrated using common API standards, patterns, front-end architecture and data flows.
- Deep understanding of JVM-based technologies preferred (Kotlin or Java)
- Solid experience in cloud platform services and architecture e.g. AWS
- Full knowledge of continuous deployment and integration cycles
- Equivalent experience includes: Leading (formally) at least 3 multi-quarter projects and having participated in peer performance evaluations by providing technical assessment and feedback
- You have strong technical acuity which allows you to be responsible for the technical domain; identify strengths and weaknesses among languages and select among available technology to implement and solve for need
- You understand when and how to reward and recognise team members
- You have acted as a mentor for individual contributors on a team
- You have defined team objectives and how they fit a business need – working as an enabler for the team to then meet these goals
- You have delivered solutions to business problems at the project level
- You have developed a product roadmap in close partnership with Product team
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban, and you'll thrive working in an agile environment
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.