We are looking for a passionate, result-driven and inventive Senior Engineering Manager to provide technical expertise and to manage a team. This role will require to develop, test and provide production support of the team's components & applications. We would like you to get into the details of our solutions, guide and vet ideas with reports, tackle end-to-end ownership of systems. One of the key aspects is to coordinate with Engineers, Product Management, Architects, and Operational peers.
This role is for an Engineering Manager, whose responsibilities will span all aspects of software development and QA in order to build and test the next-generation customer and agent-facing automated service tools. As the leader of this team your primary focus will be to craft and maintain applications and tools which operate in Expedia’s contact centers across the globe. Additionally, you will be responsible for the overall product quality of your teams assigned projects, as well as your own project work. You will also be representing both your engineering team and its projects in front of business leaders and executives.
You will need to be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which consists of highly-matrixed, geo-located teams who are partnering with various global technology teams across all of Expedia.
· You’ll be responsible to grow and shape the incredible, talented & motivated team around their goals, ownership and career
· You'll foster a healthy and collaborative culture across teams at multiple locations
· You’ll ensure your team delivers high quality & on-time products and continuously innovates to improve engineering efficiency
· Drive evolution of standards & design patterns with industry best practices and new technology to enhance productivity, quality, and system performance
· Drive program & system architecture discussions to identify a suitable quality solution to the business requirement.
· Work closely with platform teams to craft technical principles & strategy across the technology stack
· Work across the stack in both frontend and backend technologies, ensuring outstanding end to end products
· 9+ years of experience in Product Development, 2+ in People Management
· Ability to comfortably work in a fast paced, often ambiguous, multi-matrix and a polyglot environment
· Ability to actively identify upcoming risks, issues, and bottlenecks and resolve issues that sometimes-cross departmental boundaries
· Ability to estimate, schedule and manage/track multiple concurrent projects
· Strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
· Ability to understand and identify design and architectural patterns on both frontend and backend.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering )
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.