Senior Software Development Manager- Mobile
Hotwire is not your typical company. To start with, we’re a part of Expedia Group and have a portfolio of brands that include Expedia®, Vrbo, Hotels.com®, Venere.com™, Hotwire®, Egencia®, and more. We offer flights, hotels, cars, and packages to traveler’s around the world. As a start-up, we revolutionized the travel industry, forever changing the way people travel. In the years since that time, we have grown our business to include more than 140 branded travel sites in close to 70 countries across the globe.
Hotwire launched in 2000 with a creative proposition: our Hot Rate® Hotels, Hot Rate® Cars, and Hot Rate® Flights offer traveler’s deep discounts if they wait to learn the name of the hotel until after they book and pay for it. Our team is looking at growing our iOS App Team in Austin.
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will work in partnership with our leadership in the Gurgaon office and establish our native mobile apps as world-class offerings. You will mentor and develop team members while leading efforts to achieve maximum velocity, democratize the development of our iOS and Android apps, and move quickly into exciting new technology opportunities
What you’ll do:
- Anticipate and recognize bottlenecks in work processes between teams and makes suggestions for ongoing improvement
- Coordinate with team to define the measures of success for process improvements
- Develop product phase-out planning in line with the product roadmap
- Determine different phase milestones and priorities in collaboration with product management peers
- Engage outside of the direct organization and collaborate with peers across a senior level organization
- Partner with the business to have a clear understanding of how the technology stack is tied to business outcomes and our bottom line
- Advocate for operational excellence (such as unit testing, establishing SLAs, programming for resiliency and scalability)
- Have a broad knowledge of the entire product and in EG's languages, frameworks, cloud services, toolkits, methodologies enabling you can help with any component, or type of issues
- Contribute to product development by identifying industry change, listen to customer needs, collect feedback, and communicate that feedback to the business
- Examine inefficiencies in the existing stack operation and encourage engineers to improve them
- Review the skill and expertise requirements to accomplish team objectives and identify staffing and talent resources to fill project roles
- Develop action plans for optimal resource utilization and manage resource usage among the team
- Guide employees in the development of the team and individual goals, providing regular and specific feedback and assessing individual and team performance
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a related Technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience of 10+ years.
- Equivalent experience includes:
- Recruited 8+ engineers into own team, Performance managed at least 3 individual contributors, Managed individuals across different locations
- You have strong technical acumen which allows you to be responsible for multiple technical domains; justifying technology choices to technical and non-technical observers
- You have acted as a mentor to both individual contributors and managers on your own teams
- You have defined team goals and how they fit a business need across multiple teams working together – working as an enabler for multiple teams to then achieve these goals
- You have delivered solutions to business problems spanning teams
- You have collaborated closely with the product team and you have delivered and influenced a product roadmap
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.