Account Manager EPS (Sydney)
Are you goal-oriented with a focus on driving value and enhancing the experience of your clients or partners? Do you have a great track record in account management, sales or relationship management, and are looking to develop your career in travel? If so, we'd love to speak to you!
We're on the search for an Account Manager to join our Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) team in Sydney. Expedia Partner Solutions leverages the best of the Expedia Group’s partner-facing APIs and template products with a laser focus on B2B, powering hundreds of partners around the world. As the Expedia Group’s partner-focused arm, EPS’ mission is to provide its partners with solutions to fuel their growth. EPS partners with businesses across a wide range of verticals, including loyalty programs, airlines, travel agents, corporate travel management companies and online retailers who remarket EPS rates and availabilities to their travelers.
What you'll do:
- Grow and manage a portfolio of existing and new EPS partners across ANZ to achieve growth and maximise potential distribution of EPS product.
- Account ownership of partner relationships post-launch with clear profitability/revenue targets and the identification and development of incremental revenue opportunities.
- Management of a mix of partners from multiple segments with clear profitability/revenue targets.
Who you are:
- Experience in building effective client relationships and negotiations, with account management & sales experience.
- Experience selling to the Financial services and e-commerce space would also be beneficial.
- Strong relationship / communication skills required as role is very client facing, involving client contact in negotiation and in ongoing partner contact.
- Ability to influence the decision making of both internal and external stakeholders through formal and informal negotiations / discussions.
- Mastery of detail and analytical skills; at any given time, there are dozens of client / potential client issues to be solved (whether technical, commercial, or legal), and an ability to stay on top of this complexity (while not losing sight of the strategic / financial aims of the business) is very important.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Willingness to travel regularly and meet partners face-to-face.
- Experience working in online travel/commerce/retailing/portals, a plus.
- Technical Project Management experience, a plus.
- A good understanding of the internet technologies used in the online travel industry, a plus
- Extensive ecommerce experience and familiarity with ecommerce / e-marketing metrics and their management is highly desirable.
- University Degree. MBA or Master’s Degree, a plus or related field; or equivalent related professional experience
- Owns or assigns clear authority and accountability; directs change while maintaining operating effectiveness; integrates efforts across functions and organizations; uses benchmarks and performance measures to track progress; tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay; drives continuous improvement in all organization processes and products.
High Impact Communications and Influencing/Negotiating
- Creates open channels of communication; keeps others well informed; listens carefully to input and feedback and encourages others to express contrary views; builds confidence and inspires support through a convincing communications style; promotes and sells ideas persuasively; shapes the opinion of key stakeholders; promotes and projects a positive image of the organization; wins acceptance for proposed changes & new initiatives; works through conflicts to create win/win results; negotiates skillfully to get the best deal possible.
- Understanding P&L statements and interrelationships of key financial indicators; readily identifies soft spots in budgets and profit plans; uses financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities; recognizes profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities; manages overall financial performance of the business.
Breadth & Depth
- Knows how to get things done in a complex, multi-level organization; understands the role and interrelationships of each management function; knows how to use staff functions effectively; considers all management functions when developing plans and implementing changes; displays strong general management skills.
- Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives
- Passionately meets or exceeds customer expectations. Enters the customer’s world through listening and understanding.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.