Manager, Media Insights & Planning
Do you enjoy visualising, and finding stories and patterns in data? Are you inspired by the opportunity to lead a team of Insights & Planning Analysts supporting Expedia Group’s advertising department, Media Solutions, through 1st and 3rd-party data and insights? Can you translate data into actionable insights and digital campaign strategies for travel advertisers? If you’re looking to be part of, grow within, and ultimately influence a collaborative, global and innovative culture, one underpinned by data, the Media Insights & Planning (MIP) team offers the ideal environment and opportunity for you.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the team of Insights & Planning Analysts for the APAC region.
- Empower and enable the team to 1. Have a significant impact across MIP’s innovate, collaborate, and automate pillars; 2. Disrupt the status quo; and 3. Make a difference to the future of not only MIP but Sales and Media Solutions.
- Collaborate (Include Consciously) with NA, LATAM and EMEA regional Mgrs. to oversee the MIP team’s pre-campaign and strategic support of Media Solutions’ global Sales team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally (Include Consciously) with Sales’ Regional Directors to optimise Sales-MIP workflow, generate new and/or grow advertising partnerships, and drive towards attaining quarterly and annual revenue targets.
- Collaborate cross-functionally (Include Consciously) with leaders and teams across Analytics, Yield, Operations, Strategy and Product to innovate (Choose Fearlessly & Go Get What’s Next) and automate (Force Simplicity) the MIP team’s (and the wider Sales/Sales Operations team’s) systems, tools, and processes.
- Influence and communicate effectively in partner-facing situations to deliver and position booking/search and industry/macroeconomic data and insights to support the campaign strategy for Media Solutions’ advertising partnerships.
- Contribute towards Sales Excellence’s training and knowledge capabilities and facilitation to enhance the wider Sales team’s potential to develop new and growing existing advertising partnerships.
Who are you:
- 5+ years of experience working within a data-driven, highly analytical culture where insights inspire decisions, ideas, and strategy.
- And/or experience of working within an ecommerce, tech, digital marketing, or business consultancy environment.
- And/or experience of working within the travel industry, particularly in digital marketing and ecommerce roles, or at OTAs.
- 2+ years of experience of leading, coaching or mentoring regional and global teams working with data and insights in digital marketing, ecommerce, tech, or business consultancy environments.
- Worked effectively and thrived in a fast-paced environment requiring prioritisation and delegation and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- A passion for turning data into insights and telling stories with actionable data to inspire ideas and decisions in both internal and external business contexts.
- A motivation for problem-solving and, through cross-functional collaboration and of course data, uncovering solutions which increase business effectiveness and efficiency and ultimately support revenue generation efforts.
- Enjoyed and excelled at project managing key business initiatives, including OKRs, process design changes, and the development and launch of data and insights visualisation tools.
- An interest in staying abreast of the latest trends in travel, tech, business, ecommerce, marketing, and leadership.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.