Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is looking for top engineering talent to help drive the development of our payments platforms. Our services are the nexus of a globally distributed system that spans many organizations, processes $100B annually in more than 35 currencies across the globe. Our roadmap is deep and contains several innovative programs designed to make our services fault-tolerant, reduce the cost of payment processing, and improve both our customers (travelers) and partners (hotels, airlines, etc.) experience.
More specifically, you will join a team developing an innovative, generic Payment Module uniquely designed to support sophisticated payment scenarios. We want to offer travelers the simplest and most reliable experience while paying for carefully crafted itineraries. We will make this capability easy to adopt and seamlessly integrate into any travel partners checkout page with intelligent adaptive and dynamic feature set.
· Design, develop, document, and thoroughly test your code
· Own software components of the back-end (payment web services) or the front-end (payment UI components) depending on the projects in flight as well as your affinities
· Build your own automation and reporting tools to provide capabilities around the components / applications you own and will participate in solving production issues
· Expand your skills in developing high quality, distributed, and scalable software
· Learn Engineering and Operational best practices
· You will join a very experienced, successful, and high-performing team and will have a unique opportunity to grow to the next level as an SDE
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with 2+ years Software Development work experience using modern languages such as Java (preferred), C#, C++.
· Excellent coding skills
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system-level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
· Good communication skills in written and verbal form
· Experience testing, automating, and instrumenting your code
· A degree in computer science or equivalent related professional experience
· Prior experience developing and supporting Web Services is a plus
· Working knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies (scrum, XP)
· Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment, including basic understanding of large distributed and online systems.
At Expedia we believe travel is a force for good which can Strengthen connections, broaden horizons and bridge divides. With a mission to power global travel to everyone and everywhere, Expedia is reinventing itself by building a highly scalable travel commerce platform for all travel entrepreneurs of the world. As a developer it would an exciting and unique opportunity to design, develop and test various services with focus on high scalability, availability and multi tenancy.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
We relentlessly strive for better. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.