We are looking for a Software Developer Engineer (Reliability) to join one of our teams, responsible for developing technology that helps millions of travellers to find the best hotel and flights at the right time for their next unforgettable trip.
As a Software Engineer in this team, you will:
- Work in agile teams to design, build and drive continuous improvements, increasing the flexibility, scalability and efficiency of our B2B Cloud platform
- Be an advocate of resiliency and reliability best practices.
- Act as a point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
- Implement product features working as part of a multi-functional team using agile methodologies and run what you build approach.
- Drive ongoing improvements in application architecture to help build and design highly scalable enterprise applications.
We guarantee you’ll learn a lot and won't be bored!
We don’t believe in skill matching against a list of buzzwords…
We look for smart people with good general programming skills because we believe that exceptional developers can learn new technologies quickly and well.
However, it wouldn't hurt if you have experience with some of the following (or a passion to learn them):
- Experience with Cloud Services, methodologies and architected framework (i.e. AWS Well Architected Framework).
- Fluent Object-Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, preferably Java, Python or Go.
- Experience in working and supporting Web services, High available and scalable solution with a large transaction volumes.
- Experience with Containerisation and Orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Very passionate about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Be self-motivated with drive and good organisational skills to work to challenging deadlines.
- Critical thinker, expected to speak out and defend views.
As a team, we love to…
- Expand our skills in building highly scalable solutions while influencing others and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team.
- Work in an environment where sophisticated, clean, maintainable code is favoured over messy hacks.
- Share our knowledge with each other and learn new things.
- Take advantage of our amazing travel discounts and tick some destinations off our bucket lists!
We’ll take your career on a journey that’s flexible and right for you, whilst recognising and rewarding your achievements…
- Competitive salaries and many growth opportunities within the company.
- You will get the opportunity to serve as a domain expert in multi-functional feature delivery.
- Option to attend conferences globally and enrich the technology skills you are passionate about.
- A conversation with your Manager around flexible working and what is right for you is encouraged from day one.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is the most awesome workforce…
We believe in being Different. We seek new insights, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous.
Expedia is committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
We’re excited for you to make Expedia an even more awesome place to work!
So what are you waiting for? Apply now and join us on our journey to become the #1 travel company in the world!
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.