At Expedia Group, our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology. With $90BN in gross sales in the past 12 months alone, we are operating at a massive scale; data and analytics is naturally at the heart of everything we do.
Do you want to work in a passionate analytics team that has access to state of the art tools and technology? Are you looking for a diverse international function to work in? Are you looking to move into a business that offers a wide range of developing career paths for you? To join our growing team, we need curious, data driven analytical thinkers with a dedication for learning and self-improvement.
Expedia’s Analytics and Revenue Management group, ARM, supports the lodging organization by analyzing business trends, deriving insights, and guiding management’s focus based on findings.
As a Business Analyst in the Sales Operations team of ARM, you will work closely with senior leadership to support and help steer our global sales organization. With a focus initially on improving and enabling the effectiveness of our global variables incentive sales scheme, you will be a key part of making our rapid growth a success and you will lead high priority transformational projects.
You will be sitting within Expedia’s global ARM group, with the opportunity to evolve into a range of exciting roles to help steer Expedia’s success globally. Given the high visibility and wide exposure to Expedia’s business, ARM also serves as a talent pool for the wider organization.
To be successful in this position an individual needs to be entrepreneurial and able to operate with minimal guidance while owning end to end deliverables. As part of this, you will manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities, and drive delivery of high quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with overlapping deadlines and short time constraints.
Partner with Account Management leadership globally
• Establish trust and a collaborative working relationship
• Understand management needs and hypothesis
• Help identify key factors of success of our hotel acquisition and account management teams, and support the steering of these teams to success
Create information flows to support business execution
• Assist the business decision making process by developing analytical models to size various business opportunities
• Create compelling presentations for both internal and external customers
• Clearly and concisely present strategic and tactical recommendations
• Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis
Proactively analyze information to help navigate the business
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of relevant data sources and business intelligence
• Be aware of Sales Operations-related trends and their impact on the business
• Illustrate key trends through effective data interpretation and visualization
• Transparency and no politics. Doors stay open here, and we welcome questions that challenge our thinking
• Smart, collaborative colleagues. We’re not interested in hiring cowboys (who don’t think they need a team) or jerks
• A work environment where you can grow your career. We have high employee retention because we invest in our employees’ learning, and prioritize making Expedia a great place to work
• An equal opportunity work-environment, where we value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
• Bachelor’s/Master’s or other advanced degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Maths/Hotel Management or other technical field desired
• Experience in an analytical role, preferable with a background or experience in Commercial functions, with an understanding of Marketing/Sales analytics and web analytics as a plus
• Experience handling projects with leaders based in multiple countries and time-zones within a matrixed environment
• Self-starter with excellent analytical skills, an intellectual curiosity for what the underlying business and the capacity to work under tight deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong presentation skills (Powerpoint)
• Hands-on analytical experience, including experience in SQL database querying, and analysis through analytical tools such as Tableau, Excel, R, Python or other equivalentsExpedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.