Sales Operations Analyst
Thrilled to be part of Expedia Group's multicultural team in shaping the future of travel? This is your chance! As a member of the Targets & Incentives team you would contribute to the design and operationalization of the foundations of our key performance indicator systems and incentive schemes. We have a direct influence on how thousands of our sales employees create additional value for our partners and drive company performance!
What You'll do:
- As your primary area of expertise, ensure effective validation / investigation / resolution (for questions), triaging of potential issues regarding the so-called "sales opportunities". This metric is used by our global supply side Account Management team to prioritize their day to day work, aiming to increase lodging partner satisfaction and contribute to Expedia Group's success. You would be also responsible for continuously improving the case management system / intake process used for these purposes.
- Build new reports in Tableau, develop, update and help with the delivery of training materials and documentation (including the knowledge base and release notes for "sales opportunities").
- As a repeated annual exercise (~15% of the total workload), you would be coordinating the review of one of the geographical categorizations used by Expedia Group.
- Be fully responsible for the timely and accurate execution of your tasks and processes, tackle unique problems with limited support.
- Control for any data issues and find resolutions with all global teams involved.
- Continuously look for improvement opportunities in your area of expertise, for the tools / reports we own and ways to further automate / simplify or increase the share of self-service in our processes.
- Partner with Account Management leaders globally to understand their needs and assumptions in your field in order to provide guidance and deliver new solutions.
- Be in daily contact and provide support (answering questions, solving or triaging problems typically in an intake process and partly via Slack / email) to a large group of internal customers. This includes people across multiple hierarchy levels - starting from Market Associates to senior management.
Who You are:
- Graduate with a bachelor’s or a master’s degree (preferred) in a field such as Economics, Business, Analytics or similar, currently looking for an entry-level professional position
- Self-standing and independent, motivated by challenges to overcome
- Logical, analytical, thorough with a clear attention to details, always making sure your objectives are delivered to a very high standard - even under stress and with tight delivery dates
- Able to see the bigger picture whilst not missing the details
- Can easily connect with colleagues in a large organization to find answers and resolve problems, across geographies and time zones and in a matrixed environment
- Enjoy to frequently communicate with (both in written form and orally) and help colleagues - potentially with experience in an operations environment
- As a plus, a candidate with experience manipulating data in Excel, querying in SQL, building and modifying Tableau reports - or interested and with self-drive to learn using these tools
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.