Are you a passionate, and inventive Engineering Manager to provide technical expertise and to manage a team while working with partner teams to develop platform solutions? If so, we are hiring a Sr. Manager, Engineering for the eCommerce Checkout team, you'll be working in highly collaborative, fast-paced, high energy environment. Our team runs Expedia’s critical production checkout applications, your mission will be to ensure Expedia Checkout is always fast, available, scalable and engineered to withstand unparalleled demand.
As a Sr. Manager, Engineering your responsibilities will span all aspects of software development and QA in order to build and test the next-generation customer facing Checkout system. Work with us to seek this challenge and help us build a market leading customer facing web application, solving problems at scale and contributing to mission-critical software with a direct impact on the bottom line. Additionally, you will own the overall product quality of your teams assigned projects, as well as your own project work. You will also be representing both your engineering team and its projects in front of business leaders and executives.
What you'll do:
· Collaborate with product managers, architects, and program partners to build and deploy world-class software
· Work in tandem with architects and other software developers to design robust solutions
· Have a strong eye for the operational aspects such as performance tuning, monitoring, fault-tolerance
· Prototype creative solutions quickly, and take a project from prototype to production quality
· Demonstrate leadership in mentoring others, establishing standards in documentation and clean code, and setting a professional example to the team.
· Lead and guide engineers and junior manager.
Who you are:
· 10+ years software/web development experience required
· Proven record of delivering and supporting production quality code in a professional Senior Software engineering, Dev manager or Tech lead role
· Strong object-oriented programming and design skills in any language.
· Passion for building high-quality software quickly through iterative development
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal skills, as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Self-starter that enjoys and takes pride in the development work of their team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well with in and across the teams.
· Excellent skills at encouraging working relationships and driving team-work.
· Solid attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Experienced with capturing business requirements, removing ambiguity and working with the team to build clear plans.
· Experience in working with Senior leadership across multiple product and engineering areas.
· Experience on developing high availability and reliable products with alert and monitoring systems.
· Exposure to delivering products using cloud infrastructure.
· Strong bias-to-action, problem solving & organizational skills
· Experience with one or more NoSQL technologies is a plus
· B-Tech/BE degree in Computer Science or related technical subject area is preferred
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.