Senior Content Strategist
Are you a curious, tenacious content specialist who can connect the dots from content systems to the presentation layer? Let's talk about a role as a Senior Content Strategist at Expedia Group! We build smart, substantial content solutions that enable millions of Expedia B2B travel partners to thrive in our global marketplace. We drive the content strategy for Expedia’s B2B product experiences, and we partner across the company to develop structures and frameworks that ensure a common voice and standards for our product content.
What you’ll do:
Our senior content strategists cover large domain areas, collaborating on UX solutions with product owners, designers, researchers, and engineers. You’ll work out in front to bring clarity, consistency, meaning, and usability to our ecosystem of Partner (B2B) Web and app products.
You'll serve as an ambassador for our field, and an advocate and role model who embodies sound practices in content strategy and content design. We’re looking for someone who can lead by example!
- You demonstrate sophisticated and versatile UX writing skills.
- You collaborate across teams to improve the accessibility, inclusion, readability, and scalability of product content.
- You craft content solutions using human-centered practices and sophisticated information architecture methods.
- You craft solutions that match user needs and problems and help others on the team stay focused.
- You exhibit storytelling and persuasive techniques that build trust and establish long-term relationships with teams and partners.
- You exemplify standard methodologies in eliciting and making use of feedback.
- You guide others on frameworks and standard methodologies for clear, concise, and organized communication.
- You partner across product and research teams to drive content tests that measurably improve the customer experience. You also identify, log, prioritize, and resolve content bugs across the portfolio.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience in Design, English, Communications, Journalism, Information Systems.
- Proven contributions in core content strategies as UX Writing, Content Audits and Analysis, Content Mapping and Modeling, Content Planning and Sourcing, Conversational Design, Information Architecture, Facilitation, and Storytelling.
- Able to audit, analyze, structure, build, and present content using established frameworks, and to encourage others to do the same.
- Proven experience working on content problems across systems and product areas.
- B2B or travel experience a plus but not essential.
- Sophisticated skills in storytelling and workshop facilitation.
- Understanding of modern processes and practices in user experience design, research, and content strategy.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.