Are you passionate about uncovering opportunities to improve the customer experience and conversion through the power of data?
Hotels.com, part of Expedia Group, is a truly data-driven company and as such we use data to support every decision. We use analytics methods that range from simple to very sophisticated, depending on the business need.
What you will do:
We are looking for a motivated, hardworking individual to be part of the Expedia Product Analytics Team that enables product optimisation for 80+ localised websites in 35+ languages. In this exciting role, you will contribute to the team’s success in analysing, measuring and evaluating the performance of our websites and mobile apps. Success in this role requires a data driven approach to understanding the opportunities to optimise the product experience across a broad customer base in the context of a growing and increasingly varied product portfolio.
This role will partner with our product, technology and customer teams, providing meaningful behavioral insights to deliver material improvements to business performance through fast and effective change. Your responsibilities will primarily focus on Product Analysis in relation to the optimisation of our onsite customer experience. This ranges from the definition and application of product success metrics to owning live-site experiments (AB/Multivariate) which includes test conceptualisation, analysis and recommendations.
Who you are:
· Experience in conversion optimization.
· Expertise in Web Analytics, using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics Premium.
· Experience with online experimentation via proprietary or off-the-shelf products (e.g. SiteSpect, Test&Target, Optimizely, Maxymizer etc.) is preferred.
· Experience of data analysis using (at least one of) R / Python / SAS / SQL.
· Experience of consumer financial products would be advantageous.
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to present the business value of analysis concisely and clearly.
· Excellent logical thinking, a very strong background in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics, engineering, operations research, data science or similar, and a scientific approach to problem-solving (i.e. ability to ask the right questions and craft appropriate analyses to answer them).
· Strong interest in understanding how the business works at a systems level and a desire to learn about and evolve in a business environment strongly preferred.
· A sharp focus on getting results and insights using the most practical and fastest approach (even if it’s not the most complicated or exciting for you).
· Ability to perform in a fast paced, active environment and be comfortable with a high level of ambiguity.
· High energy and a can-do attitude.
· Curiosity and passion for making an impact along with strong attention to detail.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.