Are you an experienced Software Development Engineer? Are you passionate about solving hard technical problems? Do you aspire to build robust, well-designed and well-engineered distributed systems but also enjoy occasionally creating web UIs? Do you value working in a place which fosters friendliness and collaboration? Do you thrive in teams that follow agile methodologies, release often, and take pride in raising the technical bar? Do you want to see the result of your work directly impacting the company’s bottom line? Every month? If you answered, “Yes,” then we are eager to hear from you.
Roles & responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer II, beyond the usual responsibility of designing, developing, documenting, and thoroughly testing your code, you will own one or more components and/or services of the back-end. You will develop, test, support, and operate Java services and APIs built with Dropwizard, Kafka, MongoDB, and Amazon Web Services. You will integrate with Expedia's highly distributed SOA, composed of hundreds of separate services and applications, fronted by a highly adaptable web layer and backed by the latest data science and machine learning platforms. You'll work in a motivated, fast-moving agile team and communicate directly with stakeholders, product management, and leadership. You will also be a part of the progressive, inclusive Expedia development team, where learning is treasured and shared and innovation is rewarded.
Our ideal candidate will:
* Own new features from design to production release.
* Manage themselves to consistently deliver creative, reliable, and scalable creative solutions in a distributed SOA environment
* Conduct peer code reviews and is a resource for junior developers.
* Be able to work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment.
* Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions both internally and across the organization.
* Maintain and grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable, reliable and monitored.
* Committed to ruthlessly rewriting, refactoring and perfecting code.
* Build applications and micro-services from concept to completion.
* Create and maintain quality software using best of breed tools like Git, Splunk, Jenkins, Sonar and so on.
Experience and Qualification:
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of professional, post-college, software development experience with Java.
* You have Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well across multiple departments.
* Deep knowledge of web services standards and related technologies
* Knowledge and experience in production server side development in Java.
* Experience with relational databases and nosql solutions (SQL Server, mongo, mysql etc.).
* Comprehension of HTTP, REST, and web services.
* Strong software development skills (configuration management, issue tracking, estimation, Agile/Scrum).
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.