Software Dev Engineer II
What You will do:
- Lead, influence, and contribute across our entire technology stack (Front end and Back end) while acting as an area specialist for your team as well as mentoring and coaching other engineers.
- Partner with Product & UX to understand our technical products and accountable for the delivery and support of production systems and features with the highest quality.
- Develop, design, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools.
- Prototype solutions by developing minimum viable products through effective collaboration.
- Communicate and work efficiently with geographically distributed multi-functional teams.
- Participate in code reviews to uphold overall code quality standards.
- Unblock teams by driving issues to resolution.
- Define, develop, and maintain technical artifacts including the technical design or partner documentations.
- Practice continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team.
- Produce production quality code and have a strong eye for the operational aspects of the platform such as performance tuning, monitoring, and fault-tolerance.
- Chip into advancing the team’s design methodology and quality programming practices.
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development.
Who you are:
- Strong Client side experience in building applications using Java script, Kotlin, JET Framework and/or Swift.
- Strong Server side development using Java, delivering large scale REST services or micro-services using Cloud architecture And GraphQL will be a big plus
- Experience in MVVM Architecture.
- Experience working with A/B testing will be a plus
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Proven experience, during which you’ve built remarkably scalable, robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems and web services.
- Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations.
- Production focus: previous history of being hands-on in solving critical production issues that affect our valued customers and drive those insights back into the product in true DevOps style.
- Knowledge of Rest, SpringBoot, MVC architecture, DB like MySQL, MicroServices
- Expertise with continuous integration/delivery and demonstrating a DevOps mentality.
- Experience and knowledge around Cloud technologies like AWS is a huge plus.
- A great teammate who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative working environment imbibing a growth mentality.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.