Based in our Oslo office and part of a centralised EMEA HR operational team, you will be responsible for providing first-line customer support and variety of HR activities for the Nordics region. You will support the key partners in providing customer-focused comprehensive HR advice and support to employees in line with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
Additionally, you will be an active member of the EMEA HR Operations team and participate in team projects and HR activities for the overall region. There is also the potential for this role to develop into providing support for additional EMEA locations.
The role is quite varied and the individual will be expected to have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide outstanding first-line customer service; ensure queries in the Case management system are responded to in a timely manner and meets the needs of the customer
- Preparation of employment documents and processing of employment status changes (e.g. contracts of employment, domestic and international transfers, letters to confirm changes of terms, terminations)
- Maintain employee files and coordinate documentation control / management
- Maintain and update accurately all HR records/systems. Partner with core partners to submit data changes in line with internal payroll cut off dates.
- Handle the tracking of absences and administration of the time and attendance tool
- Coordinate the administration of local benefits (outside of Company standard benefits) and respond to benefit related enquiries from employees.
- Complete a variety of employee letters (e.g. employment verification and confirmation of employment)
- Support the processing of payroll, ensuring all employee changes are communicated to the Payroll Team accurately and within the required timelines
- Lead the onboarding and exit processes
- Support development or creation of HR policies according to changes in legislation/Company process
- Communicate and manage relationship with local authorities and vendors (where appropriate) to ensure statutory compliance and timely reporting
- Build and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) to improve operational efficiency
- Support local EMEA teams with any project work
- Actively participate in the HR Ops team, sharing knowledge and learnings
This role is ideal for an individual who is dynamic, ambitious and results orientated.
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent and working towards a recognised HR qualification, or willing to work towards this
- Up to date knowledge of employment law for your locations
- Experience gained in a fast paced, changeable environment (desirable to have previous HR experience)
- Basic understanding of HR processes (e.g. onboarding, payroll processing, local legislations)
- Passion to work and develop career in HR
- Desirable to have experience with EMEA and/or international operations
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluency in Scandinavian and English essential
- Knowledge of Workday and ServiceNow (or similar case management system) very desirable
- A highly customer-orientated approach, committed to achieving excellent levels of customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
- Articulate and fluent communicator
- Collaborating and working well together with others, ability to establish relationships at all levels
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude and is pro-active and professional in all client contact
- Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work productively in an environment of continuous change
- Must have attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Why join us…
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.