Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
The advertising team at Expedia is looking for engineers to build new platforms that flawlessly serve our content to millions of users. We value rigor and creativity in our development process and believe in the power of a motivated & empowered development team. There is so much we want to do and we need strong engineers who can navigate distributed systems, solve challenging problems, and jump into new projects. Your work will touch systems at scale that reach people all around the world, while having a significant impact on our business. We connect travelers with meaningful destinations. Expedia Group has revolutionized the travel industry by applying technology and we are committed to enabling travelers through continued innovation. We are focused on building relevant experiences and our products aren't just about monetization, they align with our passion for travel. We help customize the shopping experience for each user and bring them closer to their next big adventure.
What you’ll do:
· Own technical product delivery for multi-functional projects for multiple delivery teams while driving team velocity.
· Collaborate across UX teams, product teams, technical partners, development teams, and other stakeholders to understand and document business requirements and design innovative technical solutions that create customer value.
· Lead communications and relationships with partners throughout the Expedia organization.
· Excellent project management skills, including active mitigation of risks to scope and schedule, status updates to various audiences, management of trade-offs to drive satisfactory completion of product/project, and facilitation of planning and governance activities with team(s).
· Seek and implement continuous improvements into all project processes, including defining the appropriate methodology to motivate teams and track progress.
· Cultivate a collaborative team environment, setting an example for other TPMs and delivery teams.
Who you are:
· At least 3+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager and 5+ years of experience in a technical domain
· Delivery of a minimum of 1-2 large, multi-functional products/projects
· Excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent professional experience
· You bring relevant experience building project plans, requirements specifications, and performing data analysis
· Solid experience delivering production features with multi-functional partner teams
· Shown ability to bring together and turn business requirements into user stories, epics, and technical requirements and drive discussions among multiple business and technical teams to scope and schedule effort
· You have demonstrated experience collaborating with Developers, Technical Product Managers, UX Designers, Product Managers and other stakeholders from broad cross-sections of organizations.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.