Director of Technology – Flights Team
The Brand Expedia Flights Technology team is looking for an extraordinary leader to drive the strategy and execution of the Flights experience for travelers. You will also act as our leader in Gurgaon, India representing all of our Technology teams from this geography.
Director, Technology will be a part of a focused team dedicated to driving innovation worldwide in Expedia’s flights' experience for millions of travelers across Expedia's brand portfolio. This accomplished leader will have the technical skills to implement innovative solutions that help build an excellent experience for a customer while building a robust platform to power the experience.
Transport LOB's flights' technology team is responsible for end to end tech and product ownership of the flights' experience for a leisure traveler. This Director would own a portfolio of features and experiences for flight travelers, lead a team of 50+ including engineers, leads, managers and technical product managers to build new features, manage operational aspects, drive the work stream to overhaul the shopping platform for Flights, discover newer technology choices and drive the adoption, enrich the stack through the power of data. This person will work in tight coordination with the Flights Crew Leadership team and our Product and Business partners to advance the flights platform as an industry leader.
The executive will be an experienced leader who brings a deep commercially focused understanding of e-commerce technology in a customer-centered environment. This highly visible leader will bring leadership and continuity to Retail Product & Technology teams in Gurgaon. The ideal candidate will be able to see what’s coming around the curve and drive masterful implementation to ensure those needs are met. This creative thought leader will be results-oriented, collaborative, and ready to lead teams tasked with solving hard problems. They will be an expert in and passionate about agile methodologies.
What you'll do:
• Lead the Flights Crew in Gurgaon transforming the architecture and product value, building new features, and supporting existing features.
• Develop and communicate the vision to build better flights experience.
• Drive platform scale for more than 80M daily searches
• Collaborate with other Technology and Product leaders in Flights Crew to drive consistency in our solutions.
• Develop deep partnerships with Product Stakeholders to build growth-oriented platform products and technologies that support the business’s growth trajectory.
• Attract, recruit and foster top talent, providing coaching and appropriate career opportunities to talented team members.
• Provide inspiring leadership and management of teams that include; Development, Test, TPM and Engineering functions.
• Ensure appropriate translation of business requirements to technical specifications, configuration, administration, and use cases of technical tools and architecture.
Who you are:
• 12+ years’ experience as a Technology leader in a similar environment.
• A creative thought leader who is results-oriented, collaborative, and ready to lead teams tasked with solving hard problems.
• Proven track record of success, leading high functioning technology teams in developing innovative products.
• Demonstrate success as a leader of technical teams, able to develop future strategic objectives for the organization and unify distributed teams to achieve shared goals.
• An effective leader demonstrated the ability to influence without control in a large complex environment.
• Experience with big data environments and cloud technologies would be highly regarded.
• A proven track record of delivering solutions in a fast-paced agile environment.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills, with the ability to translate between technical and business groups with compelling presentation skills.
• Demonstrate organizational and team building skills.
• Expertise in project planning, project management, and software development life cycles
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying for a role in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.