Are you a passionate problem solver motivated in applying statistics, advanced analytics & testing methodologies to ecommerce optimization?
We are seeking an experienced analytics professional to bring their knowledge to a senior management position within our Global Product Analytics Team! Partnering with our Expedia brand lodging product managers, this role will be supporting key business decisions throughout the product development lifecycle that improves the user experience to drive bottom-line growth. This will involve leading a team of skilled analysts uncovering customer friction points, hypothesis generation and prioritization, experimentation design, valid and impartial test analysis and recommendations.
What you’ll do:
- Coaching, mentoring and growing a team of hardworking analysts.
- Providing embedded product analytics services to Expedia lodging product development teams.
- Own experience optimization & experimentation performance evaluation. Hold teams accountable for results by highlighting strengths and weaknesses & drive activities to improve.
- Drive an analytics strategy to enhance decision making from ideation & prioritization through to delivery.
- Lead prioritized group-wide strategic projects.
- Partner and priorities resources to support overall business objectives through full transparency of resource allocation commitments and backlog prioritization
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining and storytelling with a religious focus on meaningful analytics.
- Actively engage with multiple departments across the organization, including Product, User Experience, Engineering, Data Science, Partner Services to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- 3-5 years of work experience doing quantitative analysis to solve business problems
- A Bachelor’s degree in at least one science, technology, engineering or mathematics field
- A strong analytical attitude and skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into constituent parameters
- Experience with large data sets and proficient in SQL or other programming languages (R, Python).
- You can communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner with partners
- Understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing (ex. Confidence Interval, Regressions, Time Series, Clustering, Factor Analysis)
- Experience in Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics is a plus
- A sharp focus on getting results and insights using the most practical and fastest approach.
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for making an impact along with strong attention to detail.
What we can offer you?
- Challenging customer problems, a business that loves to test & learn, and billions of data points!
- Operating within a community of analysts, sharing findings and methodologies.
- Personal growth (conference attendance, skillset expansion, job rotation, etc.)
- An environment that encourages innovation, collaboration, and thought leadership
- An interesting industry that impacts millions of travelers in the world
- Exposure to product management, presenting to the vice president of product and their leadership team
Why join us:
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
- Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
- Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.