Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway, an Expedia Group. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is looking for a Software Engineer to play a key role engineering and building features that enable our travelers to have the best experience on our platform. We are looking for an adaptable, robust, motivated, and self-reliant UI Software Engineer with past experience developing leading edge web applications in a cloud architecture. These applications will use hundreds of separate services and applications, via a highly adaptable web layer using the latest technologies allowing us to provide a great experience to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Challenges You’ll Work On:
- Build reusable component-based web UI architectures with modern frameworks (React.js, Redux, Node etc.)
- Demonstrate user behavior data and A/B testing to better understand our customers, fostering a community of trust to incrementally increase booking conversion rates.
- Develop features relying on driven data, microservices, and data science programming models
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Build RESTful APIs using Node.js and Hapi.js
- Drive architectural decisions on our frontend and backend systems
- Simplify core booking and listing workflow to enhance our travelers experience.
- Work with off-shore development engineering team.
- Involved from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other partners.
- Dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code for a distributed SOA environment.
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: Git, Splunk, New Relic etc.
- Work with QA, product management and operations in an agile environment.
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions.
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable.
- Participate in our inner source culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization.
- Opportunities to showcase your work on our tech blog and internal & external conferences.
- Mentor other engineers on the team
Who you are-You'll fit if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience developing web applications
- Comfortable collaborating on a multi-functional team including product management, architects, and UI designers
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Skilled with server-side JS frameworks (Node.js, Hapi.js, Express, etc)
- Skilled with single page application JS frameworks (React.js, Redux, etc.)
- Skilled in building RESTful APIs
- Adept at maintaining cross-browser compatibility and debugging.
- Ability to write clean & coherent code and follow established coding conventions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas.
- Full stack development experience is a plus
- Knowledge/experience of CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Git, Docker, TeamCity, etc.) a plus.
- Experience at other fast-paced Internet companies, especially Travel companies, is a huge plus.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are a global travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and bring the world within reach – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia Cruises™ and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.