Expedia Group is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high-pressure environment to support the business as a Data Center Admin. This individual must have experience providing support for servers, networks in a complex production data center infrastructure environments. The duties of this position are to prepare, implement and maintain servers and networking hardware in a large-sized, heterogeneous computing environment made up of standalone, virtualized, and clustered servers.
What You’ll Do:
- Daily, data center admin complete preventative maintenance of equipment and data network devices.
- They operate in tight spaces, run cables, installing hardware, and improve physical security around their assigned data center.
- Data center technicians provide live support to clients and coworkers and are expected to troubleshoot problems as they occur.
- Data center technicians troubleshoot and repair servers that have hardware and network issues.
- They run hardware diagnostics and replace failing parts. If something goes wrong, data center technicians are called on to quickly fix it in order to keep business data flowing.
- They act as a main point person on site, putting out fires and working on installation and decommission projects simultaneously.
- Educating other data center staff on how to properly troubleshoot hardware and software is also a key part of their role.
- Monitoring and maintaining operation of all network processes and hardware is the primary duty of data technicians.
- Data technicians are expected to maintain accurate work records and ticket management.
- They also create concise virtual knowledge base documentation and maintaining an accurate hardware data base in the CMDB.
- In addition to these responsibilities, the Data Center Admin will provide live support for troubleshoot and repair servers at the OS level and manage small projects and oversee server installations and decommissions and to maintain and create scripts to assist in automation and process improvement.
Who you are:
- Hardware repair – data center technicians are hired to complete basic repair of damaged or faulty server and network equipment and devices
- IT Server networking – technicians oversee installation and troubleshooting of servers, switches, routers, server networking, with the basic knowledge of LAN, WAN, IP addressing, AD/LDAP, SAN, SQL, backup, monitoring, clustering and HA environments
- Troubleshooting skills – performing tests to identify and fix errors in server networks including switch ports, infrastructure component, and OS level issues.
- Physical Requirements – data technicians stay on their feet, and regularly crawl, crouch, kneel, lift, and move up to 40lbs over short distances
- CMDB management – data technicians are required to maintain accurate account of tools, equipment, servers, and network devices in the company CMDB application
- Communication skills – being able to explain complicated technical process in a simple to way to non-technical staff is a requirement for successful data technicians
- Technical writing skills – data technicians often develop standard operating procedures and manuals for the processes and procedures they are immersed in daily.
- 2+ years direct work experience in data center support role
- Related certifications: A+, Network+, MCP
- Basic knowledge of scripting and other programming languages.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.