We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Join a diverse
group of passionate designers dedicated to building experiences that help millions
of people enjoy more of the world. We’re looking for self-motivated problem-
finders, who can help us craft customer experiences on a global scale for multiple
brands, across devices and platforms, in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
As a Principal UX Designer on the Flights team, you will work with researchers,
content strategists, UX designers, product managers, and engineers. You will guide
the vision and strategic direction to create experiences that help our customers
discover, plan, and book travel. Expedia disrupted the airline industry with its flight
shopping and booking technology 20 years ago. Let’s disrupt it again and be the
place our customers come to fulfill their travel dreams!
What you'll do:
- Influence and partner with agile teams of product managers, researchers, front-end and back-end engineers, and other UX designers in framing and solving problems across large or complex areas
- Lead the development of new design standards and patterns, in partnership with design, marketing, and product teams, based on brand guidelines and user feedback
- Create a design vision with your innovative ideas and deep understanding of the traveler journey
- Develop experience requirements and direct the implementation of entire end-to-end experiences, markets, and products
- Design enterprise quality components, foundational utilities, and highly functional proofs-of-concept
- Leverage and contribute to design systems that optimize for flexibility, re-use, usability, performance, brand distinction, and visual appeal
- Identify qualitative and quantitative insights of customer research and data and business analytics to drive insights and solutions within a customer-centric design processes
- Use strong systems thinking to solve complex problems by understanding how the Flight product influences and fits within a customer’s trip planning process and experience
Who you are:
- Have experience using UX methods, not as a tool to resolve execution problems, but to identify new opportunities for value creation
- Have experience developing and articulating a compelling vision
- Have experience working with partners to illustrate new approaches to experiences and how they impact business
- Have experience driving innovative efforts that uncover new value or new
- kinds of experiences
- Excellent core visual and interaction design skills with excellent technical capabilities in prototyping, front-end presentation technology, and user- centered design methods
- Have a solid understanding of accessible design
- A UX design leader with 10+ years in the field or a degree in a relevant field (human-computer interaction, graphic design, interaction design, computer science, or communications), and a portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.