The Expedia Global Background Check Team is looking for a Background Check Analyst based in India to join the team with the responsibility to support our process.
This job exists to perform the daily functions related to liaison with Recruiter & Vendor partner to ensure the initiation and verification of all background credentialing including verification of education, employment, criminal, credit and drug testing (if applicable) among other various checks depending on business needs and within Expedia guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Background Check vendor to coordinate receipt of background checks as well as to update background records.
- Identify which screening component is needed for the corresponding types of background checks (criminal records, motor vehicle records, credit history information, drug screening, etc.) taking measures to ensure background check standards by the class and categories of jobs are selected by the recruiters.
- Evaluate whether current employees transferred into new positions will be required to submit to additional background checks (usually drug and credit only).
- Review background screens every day to ensure that checks meet company requirements and compliance with policy advancing to the recruiter and/or HR when additional information is needed.
- Provide critical and timely process management of staff policies and processes including applicable local, state and federal laws pertaining to the employment and background screening process.
- Resolve non-compliance issues with recruiters and HR as quickly as possible to obtain additional information and resolve them.
- Call out issues, as needed, to HRBP for resolution.
- Ensure that internal background screening logs in SharePoint/One-drive are updated daily and ready for weekly case status meetings
- Ensure timely closure of invoices with vendor and Expedia Acct pay and Procurement on monthly basis.
What Else is expected from you:
- Vendor Management: Work well with background check partner and lead expectations end to end. This should include closing daily queries / keeping abreast with updates/ calling out impacts
- Partner management: Encouraging updates to recruiters / Sharing feedback/ Conducting BGV trainings/ Work on geo specific asks
- Reporting & Trend analysis: Work on regular reports to be shared with global hub/ People Ops Team. Analyze trends, share updates/recommendations
- Be Compliance Ready: Be ready for compliance and audits such as PCI
- Actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- Critical thinking: Be process SME and share recommendations on changes to be made such as current apprentice BGV process, how should that look. Analyze the current package and validate with market trending and share recommendations for possible changes.
Who you are:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in Background Check or similar industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong research, writing skills, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to optimal multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and proven ability to work in a team environment
- You are a self-starter, able to work independently and collectively, and are able to handle multiple tasks under timelines
- Advance Excel level, proficient with all other Office applications
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility encourages us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and reserve, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Team also has the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you. Expedia Group combines of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®,VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.