The Globalization Acceleration team’s vision is to enable Vrbo to ship global products that belong anywhere: we do this by building modernization tools (internationalization libraries, content translation management tooling), localization services (human and machine translation, localization QA), globalization strategy (playbooks, language strategy, design/engineering consulting).
About Product Manager
As a PM of this multi-functional team, you will partner with stakeholders in each of Vrbo’s businesses, leaders across the company, our regional teams to deliver truly global product and real-world experiences using the Vrbo platform. Vrbo currently supports hosts and guests in 25+ languages and over 35 countries around the world, and we are expanding this support every day.
Projects will range from technical foundations, such as translation APIs, enabling machine and manual translations enhancements to enable teams surface the most relevant and accessible experience for their users.
What you’ll do:
- Establish vision for a product team. Challenge the status quo, and inspire people toward a unified outcome
- Being responsible for the vision for the product and clearly articulating the strategy to management
- Create clear goals for the team. Efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users
- Setting the direction for elite user experience design
- Leading and developing a team of top talent
- Business & product roadmap planning, developing features and defining requirements
- Work with localization product managers & engineers, regional market specialists, language specialists and translators to drive linguistic, stylistic and terminology management issues to resolution
- Develop the content translation product roadmap across user touchpoints and organisation, and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Help build scalable content translation infrastructure that powers localization and multilingual experiences for every product across organization
- Conduct analysis of content quality to setup a benchmark and inform UX and translation quality optimization efforts
- Preparing launch plans, figuring out release goals, and prioritizing features
- Developing and using metrics to constantly improve the business
- Working with global users to drive adoption
- 5+ years of product management experience; 7+ years preferred
- Demonstrated experience of product leadership. Ability to lead and influence teams
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical partners
- A love for formulating product vision demonstrating user research and metrics, getting agreement from key partners across the organization, and translating this vision into a tangible roadmap
- Strong data-driven prioritization skills. Experience with web analytics software
- Strong communication and partnership skills- this will be a very multi-functional role, with partner teams spanning multiple offices globally
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Experience shipping global products to global partners, and/or building internationalization or localization specific technologies
- Experience managing projects across multi-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience creating or designing great user interfaces.
- Sound business judgment, validated ability to influence others, and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Science or Business subject area
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.