At Expedia we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
We want you to bring your skills to our agile environment as we move from revolutionizing the web to redefining the mobile travel experience. From the back-end supply and database functions, to new user-interfaces for our more than 140 branded travel sites, there is no shortage of technical innovation.
What's in it for you? Beyond travel perks and other competitive benefits, you can walk away from work each day knowing you truly made an impact. You can create a new feature that goes on the live site. You can build programs that streamline our backend search and supply processes. You can help localize content and systems globally. And you can do this all while working alongside smart, passionate techies who love travel to their core
What you’ll do
• Design and develop cloud-native, streaming data platform, with a data lake that scales into the terabytes
• Contribute to adoption of cloud & serverless technologies and good design practices, while finding opportunities to simplify and scale
• Own your products, with a focus on DevOps and robust automation
• Embrace change, always open to replacing what you built yesterday with something better today
• Build a cloud-native, streaming data, real-time processing, and a data lake platform that scales into the terabytes
• Contribute to a product has the potential to become the foundational transaction platform for the entire travel industry
Who you are
• An equally strong ability learn new technologies, and share your learnings with others
• Skilled coder (familiarity with Java stack a plus)
• Experience developing in AWS or similar cloud platforms. Preferred: AWS Lambda, ECS, S3, EMR, DynamoDB, Aurora, Redshift, or similar
• Familiarity with high volume transactional systems, microservice design, or data processing pipelines (Docker, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, or similar)
• Experience with continuous delivery, automated deployments, and related engineering practices
• Agile practitioner, able to deliver complex products iteratively
• 2+ years of industry experience, with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.