At Expedia we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever-changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
We want you to bring your techie skills to our agile environment as we move from revolutionizing the web to redefining the mobile travel experience. From the back-end supply and database functions, to new user-interfaces for our more than 140 branded travel sites, there is no shortage of technical innovation.
What's in it for you? Beyond travel perks and other competitive benefits, you can walk away from work each day knowing you truly made an impact. You can create a new feature that goes on the live site. You can build programs that streamline our backend search and supply processes. You can help localize content and systems globally. And you can do this all while working alongside smart, passionate techies who love travel to their core.
What you will do:
· Design, develop, debug and modify web services within flights’ microservices stack
· Write clean code utilizing object-oriented design principles, data structures and algorithms
· Create and maintain Spring based Java services and components that interact within and outside of Expedia’s technical stack.
· Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
· Performance and load test services and components you write from scalability and resiliency standpoint
· Practice resilience engineering for every frontend/backend component you build and evangelize resilience within the team
· Support and maintain the flights services and microservices stack
· Collaborate with Product team, architects and peer engineers
· Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
· Participate in peer code reviews and advocate for best coding practices and principles
Who you are:
You are not only skilled at programming but an excellent communicator with a bias for action. You have focus and strong sense of ownership. Over time you will grow into a key technical resource capable of full stack development as well as driving cross-team design and architecture reviews.
· You are a voracious learner, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
· 8+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
· Ability to independently drive features from inception through to completion and production deployment.
· Experience working with Rest APIs and familiarity with development of services using Spring Boot on Cloud (e.g. AWS)
· Experience working around Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle
· Experience using code versioning tools for e.g. Git.
· Good communication and ability to explain technical details and challenges to a variety of audiences
· Experience with Agile development methodology
· Experience around GraphQL and Kotilin is a huge plus
· Flexible in learning and understanding both front-end as well as back-end services
· Ability to work in a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-JA1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.