Mid-level Product Marketing Designer
Launched in 2000 in San Francisco, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena. Just a few years later in 2003 we joined the Expedia Group family of brands that includes Hotels.com, Vrbo, Travelocity and more. Our roots are here in San Francisco, but we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product and technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the latest and greatest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace to enrich people to travel more and lead richer lives through our unique product, Hot Rates. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
What You'll Do:
- You lead and craft engaging and effective visual design and production projects that bring the Hotwire digital experience to life for travel consumers.
- You design a variety of assets including email, illustration, iconography, site graphics, digital ads and landing page designs.
- You are familiar with email, web & app technologies/formats and how to design for them; designing for mobile-first, responsive web sites and adaptive email designs.
- You think and design in scalable systems, not one-off solutions. You contribute to the evolution of our Unified Design System, full-customer experience and our brand story.
- You rapidly create sketches, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to visualize your ideas and articulate user flows or experiences.
- You have experience and a level of expertise creating and building out content that delivers a similar message with modified variations based on different touch points and platforms and devices.
- You apply and grow your skills in communicating and selling amazing design solutions to senior management and colleagues.
- You inspire colleagues with your ability to deliver high quality work, while running multiple projects of varying complexities at once, meeting deadlines, working independently and professionally under tight timelines.
Who You Are:
Do you want to make an impact? Would you like to see your work affect people's travel choices in real time? Are you passionate and dedicated to good design? Hotwire is seeking a Jr./Mid-Level. Product Marketing Designer (aka Communications or Creative Designer) to support the company’s marketing and product efforts in a cohesive and exciting way. On an average day you could work on anything from email, shopping or product design, digital ad layouts, creative assets like icons and illustrations, brand collateral, and much more!
The right candidate has a passion for how design, copy, type, and motion come together to deliver satisfying consumer experiences, telling a cohesive brand story and continuously improving business results in the exciting and dynamic industry of Travel. You thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments, delivering creative thinking and sophisticated design aesthetic while ensuring output that reflects our brand’s values, voice & tone.
- A BA or BFA in Graphic Design (or equivalent) is preferred.
- 3-5 Years of design experience on a creative or communication design team, either as part of an agency or an in-house product-focused team; e-commerce and merchandising experience helpful.
- Experience with in-house email creative teams and fully understands email-best practices and capabilities.
- High level of creative concept quality – candidate is more than just concerned with creating beautiful solutions, but fully understands how to solve for the marketing need or customer problem.
- A portfolio representing a firm understanding of proficiencies in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity, demonstrated in deliverables.
- Highly capable of working autonomously to derive great creative concepts and potential solutions.
- An optimistic outlook, the drive to learn new things and intrinsic self-motivation.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, management and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- Ability to deliver quality design in a tight timeframe.
- Deep knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Figma.
- Bonus points for skills in motion, prototyping and user experience design.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Relocation (Y/N): N
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.