Are you an engineer with a passion for infrastructure and application monitoring? We are looking for an upbeat, collaborative, and creative individual who is captivated by the opportunity to develop a metrics platform for the worlds largest travel company!
The Observability Engineering team delivers logging and metrics capabilities across Expedia Group and its portfolio of Brands. You'll join our team of engineers and developers from around the world as we solve some of the largest e-commerce monitoring challenges in the Fortune 500 arena. Your pursuit to deliver scalable and reliable solutions will be meaningful in our mission to take over a million metrics per second, and deliver quality insights to teams across the business.
Who you are:
- Self-starter with an appetite to solve problems through architecture of resilient and capable systems, and influence business direction by targeting fundamental technical gaps.
- Strong technical background and ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Highly collaborative, with ability to clearly communicate direction and feedback.
- Ability to learn quickly, learn existing systems and identifying areas of improvement.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong critical thinking skills, with a test & learn mentality and willingness to try, fail, and learn.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What will you do:
- Design technical solutions that target requirements, as well as account for impact to broader organization.
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design or partner requirements.
- Drive platform stability by identifying potential areas where existing capabilities and processes require change, and where new ones need to be developed.
- Being an open advocate to design a full DevOps model.
- Create functional and operational system requirements/specifications.
- Understanding of a CI/CD framework to automate builds, test, and deploy.
- Perform high level framework and system performance analysis and tuning optimizations.
- Drive proof of concepts using cutting edge technology with the intention of implementing in production.
- Efficiently builds and maintains a network of key contacts across company and nurtures these contacts to achieve results.
- Support and solve data and/or system issues as needed
- Participate in user story creation in partnership with the team(s)
- You actively participate in code and design reviews
- Established understanding of Observability fundamentals (Logging, Metrics, Tracing)
- Proven experience working with metrics platforms like InfluxDB, Grafana, Prometheus, Graphite, Cortex, or OpenMetrics
- Proficient in at least two of the following languages: Python, CloudFormation, Ansible. Golang experience a plus.
- Proven experience with automation tools.
- Experience with containerized applications as well as automation like Kubernetes
- Experience delivering cloud computing solutions using AWS services like ec2, S3, Dynamo, and vpce technologies
- Experience with RESTful micro services
- Comfortable with developer tools like GitHub, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, and Perforce
- Understanding of Resilient Systems design.
- Experience in Network Design and Management.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of engineering, system design or development experience
- Work experience or degrees equal to a BA/BS.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- You have experience with Agile development methodology
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're looking for roles in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.