Who we are
The GCO Tech Team delivers integrated software and hardware solutions allowing all of Expedia's customers and partners to contact us for assistance as they travel around the world. You would be an important part of a growing team using the latest technology to improve our customer experience across voice, web, and mobile platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip.
What we are looking for
- You are a highly motivated, quick learner and high-growth potential individual who aspires to be part of a growing team of technologists.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in web application development and troubleshooting.
- You are an independent thinker, who works around problems and who isn't shy of trying new technologies.
- You have proven experience of working in parallel technologies apart from your core technology area.
- Prior experience in working collaboratively with cross-geography team will be an added advantage. You should be equally comfortable in development, test, debugging roles and be ready to wear many hats. This team values "fail-fast" learners and technology enthusiasts who view learning new technology as an enjoyable experience.
- Participate, own and deliver Sprint tasks and help drive the team forward.
- Collaborate with teams and individuals to complete your team assignment on time, with quality.
- Design, develop and test your work you're leading.
- Through unit testing implementation of sprint tasks using JUnit.
- You will have to switch between technology stack (Java) for completing business requirements like a pro.
- Develop server side solutions with an emphasis on open source technologies.
- Prototype ideas, execute and learn from them and enrich the overall team experience.
- Most importantly have fun while learning.
Technologies we use:
- Java, AWS, Kafka, GraphQL, Node.js, Kotlin, React, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Docker, Dropwizard, Data Dog, Looker.
Skills and Qualification
- BE/BTech/BS/MS/MCA in Computer Science or related technical discipline with 5-8 years' experience.
- Comfortable with Java technology stack.
- Deep understanding of dependency injection in web applications like Spring.
- Queueing technology such as Kafka is highly desirable.
- Unit testing frameworks (JUnit)
- Build and dependency management tools (Gradle)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins or any similar tools)
- Clear understanding of major enterprise design patterns.
- Web services experience (REST)
- Good to have experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.