Expedia are looking for International Payroll Specialists based in Prague to join the team with responsibility for a number of payrolls across EMEA.
As an ambassador for data accuracy and integrity, you will independently manage an employee's payroll experience for several countries from beginning to end with the full accountability and ownership to progress your career. The roles will be working in a dynamic and constantly changing environment. You will help align to global standards and execute of corporate strategies with an expectation to make suggestions to simplify and improve current processes. The customer will always be at the core of your thought process, and you will be driven to make things better and more user-friendly for our staff whilst maintain the global standards.
We are looking for someone who will thrive in a growing and energizing environment, who enjoys change and always wants to deliver a great experience.
What you’ll do:
- Process payrolls for variety of countries utilizing CloudPay
- Prepare and facilitate payroll processing including load files, time entry, pre-audits, actual transmit, post-audits, etc. The payrolls may include both on-cycle and off-cycle payrolls including, but not limited to, stock, annual bonus, and year-end processing
- Dealing with all employee’s monthly queries and providing first class service via Service Now.
- Checking and validating payroll outputs in line with the global control process.
- Post-payroll activities (month end reconciliation/payments/regulatory reporting etc.)
- Anticipating and answering HR representatives' questions, able and willing to respond in a supportive and timely style
- Handling statutory requirements inclusive of absence, leave, sickness to ensure compliance across our operation
- Maintain a close relationship with Expedia Partners with a focus on collaboration (HR Operations, Finance/Accounting, Benefits, Compensation, Recruitment etc.
- Verify compliance with government payroll/tax requirements; stay current with changes in the law; implement/audit current processes to ensure compliance.
- Receive, research, determine root cause, and resolve incoming tax notices from various agencies.
- Assist with internal or external audits of records, workers compensation, tax filings, SOX, and other related documentation (compliance).
- Partner closely with corporate accounting & tax to ensure accurate GL & tax reporting.
- Perform audits of data prior to payroll completion and follow all established controls.
- Complete post payroll audits, prepare metrics, and track errors using technology and reporting tools.
- Seek innovative ways to improve payroll processes or procedures and work closely with technical departments to implement process improvements, test system changes, and lead special projects within the Payroll department.
- Ad-Hoc payroll projects
Who you are:
- Working in Payroll or Human Resources, you will have at least 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar position and will be familiar with payroll legislation and employment law
- Country payroll knowledge would be advantage, but specific country training can be provided.
- Experience of working with CloudPay an advantage
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS desirable
- You will enjoy working as part of an international team in a context of reorganization, streamlining and growth (experience in transitional projects would be an advantage)
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential
- Other foreign language skills including Norwegian, Swedish, German, French an advantage but not essential
- Be able to work independently, within a dual management structure
- Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure
- Advanced Excel level, proficient with all other Office applications
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.