We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our product engineering organization and help us ensure an outstanding experience in the vacation rental property management system space. As the overall Program Manager for the Escapia Product teams, you will be asked to draw on your industry expertise and agile experience to help the teams focus on process improvement and predictable incremental delivery.
Working with our teams requires a blend of business insights and technical skills shown through the ability to translate partner problems into measurable roadmaps and backlogs. You will team up with the product management team to understand, communicate and implement the product requirements recommended from industry analysis and end-user feedback to lead the overall product lifecycle for a portfolio of solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the PM Solutions Senior Director and Dev Managers to resolve optimal value specific to Lead TPM assignments to engineering teams
- Collaborate with PM Solutions and Product Management teams that do not have TPM coverage and an employ “consultative” TPM engagement model
- Provide servant leadership specific to the assigned development teams
- Develop “trust” relationships with team, engineering manager and product manager (if applicable)
- As the Scrum Master and own and/or facilitate agile ceremonies and assessments
- Maintain a positive outlook and celebrate wins, facilitate team trust and set up team builder events
- Maintain weekly team status reports
- As the TPM lead and provide direct or dotted line leadership and management to other PM Solutions TPM’s
- Garner 360 feedback and correlating mentorship
- Drive TPM and agile methodologies across the department
- Engage with other EG TPM’s and correlating TPM Community Meetings
- Discuss and work through common issues with the team, program, department improvement areas
- You will work with and present to Senior Director of PM Solutions, Product Director and other leaders in the organization
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of Program/Project Management and/or scrum master experience in a high-tech company, in a B2C ecommerce environment
- 1-3 years programming experience desired, depending on level
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environment strongly desired
- Experience driving agile software development experience within a scrum master role working with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- High level of initiative and the desire to build an exceptional user experience for customers
- Proven expertise in standard methodologies for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts to highly engineering and non-engineering partners
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Experience managing multiple, ongoing sophisticated projects and implementing of ecommerce applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architectures
- Experience with complex information architecture and taxonomy management a plus
- Certified scrum master and/or Project Management a plus
- BA/BS required in Computer Information Systems, or Business Administration or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on VRBO.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.