Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building innovative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia Group’s network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising sales among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia Group has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
Expedia Group’s Media Solutions team is looking for an analytical, ambitious, and creative Sr. Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to help us grow our onsite media business globally with a focus on our performance marketing products. The position requires working closely with partners across multiple teams to ensure that we are presenting our products to the right target audience. The Sr. PMM will be a product authority with a sales attitude; proficient in the entire Media Solutions performance marketing product portfolio. The Sr. PMM will ensure that our sales team has what it needs to sell new and existing products effectively, whether it’s customer demographic data for a specific website like VRBO or snazzy marketing collateral extolling the virtues of a new product.
Collaboration is a must-have and is critical to the team’s success. The role is inherently cross-functional. You will work closely with sales, product, operations, engineering, finance and creative services. You will need to balance multiple competing priorities. The successful candidate will be highly analytical and inventive, able to use creative problem-solving skills to move quickly from ideation to implementation and/or resolution. You will demonstrate a bias to action, and the ability to balance many small projects successfully while maintaining a strategic view of the Media Solutions business.
- Develop, refine and deliver product positioning to internal and external partners, including materials and training for sales, customers, operations, and marketing
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans for new products & features, focusing on product positioning for Media Solutions’ direct salesforce; planning will include evaluating rollout timelines and processes by geography, product type, and determining the right timing, training, and communication to ensure success
- Develop strategic marketing frameworks that drive qualified leads for assigned products; partner with marketing channel owners to drive execution.
- Own customer targeting and segmentation for assigned products with a focus on understanding customer behavior (adoption, account growth, attrition trends, etc.)
- Deeply understand the advertiser experience and represent the voice of the advertiser to internal teams
- Partner with Product Management to align business and technical requirements to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and features
- Evaluate post-launch customer adoption of new products, including tracking sell-thru rates, customer feedback, and product performance issues; develop metrics and methodology to assess sales performance
- Partner with and support Sales Excellence and Sales Operations initiatives as necessary
- Handle multiple projects and details without losing sight of the ‘big picture’
- Be proactive and able to move forward in a fast-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment where processes and procedures are not always completely detailed
Skills and Requirements:
- 5 -7 years of meaningful work experience in online advertising, business management and/or product management/marketing
- Demonstrated experience with performance marketing products and paid search advertising
- Proven ability to work with multiple internal organizations requiring clear communication, evangelism and compromise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes; experience with financial modeling and statistics is a plus
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action
- Experience working directly with sales, engineering, creative services, and operations teams
- Bachelor’s degree required
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.