Launched in 2000, Hotwire is one of the earliest innovators in the online travel arena and part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Our roots are in California, and we also have offices in Seattle along with an important and fast-growing product & technology presence in Gurgaon, India. Hotwire has the energy and pace of a startup, plus the stability and backing of the incredible Expedia family of companies. Hotwire’s culture centers around delivering value to customers and supply partners by being passionate about building great products with the newest technologies available. We pride ourselves on our organizational transparency, a bias for action and a customer-centric approach to everything we do.
Hotwire differentiates itself as a brand within the travel marketplace by offering a unique core value proposition for customers and suppliers with our opaque pricing model. This concept revolves around offering great bargains on hotel room nights without sharing the specific name or location of the hotel until the booking is complete. By giving this flexibility to our suppliers, we can offer great value to our customers. Hotwire also offers a full retail suite of other travel products that can fulfill virtually any customer travel need.
Why Hotwire you ask? We are eager and energetic. We love the journey as much as the destination! We love being part of the Expedia brands but stay true to ourselves.
What you’ll do
- You independently run complex technical projects, or assist in the management of these projects.
- You coordinate work performed by development staff and internal customers and/or partners, including defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs and/or impact assessments.
- You develop detailed project plans and manage all implementation processes, including prioritization, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training, and timely delivery within budget constraints.
- You run the agile ceremonies as a scrum master and run the development process in conjunction with several internal stakeholders and the development team.
- You ensure project portfolio data and key attributes, e.g. estimates, assignments, and tasks are current and relevant, including regular reporting to and sync-ups with internal product, portfolio, and engineering teams.
- You drive and communicate issues, deliverables, key project milestones across functional areas.
- You direct the activities of team members, including team members from a variety of functions.
- You effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- You will be a senior person and support leadership role and engaged in critical projects.
- You will work closely with the Director or Program Management and help in process improvement and organizational structure.
- Project Execution: Lead all aspects of medium to large program related activities and is accountable for the success, execution, and final delivery of the program and work products.
- Manage Project Scope: Obtain senior management approval for the program by presenting the program scope. Oversee regular project status/quality meetings and reports.
- Address Program Issues: Keep management well informed on a timely basis on project or program progress, status, and/or concerns for each assignment. Review project metrics and facilitate project scorecard development to ensure enterprise-wide program success.
- Program Communication: Develop program communication plans and demonstrates effective communication to the executive management team, and project team(s)
- Cultivate Relationships: Cultivate business partner and project team relationships and help manage expectations, providing excellent customer service. Establish alliances with other departments by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
- Project Leadership: Provide vision, strategic leadership, governance and support to the Project Management Team through competent and professional services including guidance, coaching, and counseling.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required within the field of engineering or other technical related discipline.
- 5-7 years of Program Management (very large initiatives with multiple Project Managers) OR 6-10 years of Project Management experience supporting software development.
- 3+ years of hands on Agile experience.
- Experience in software development preferred.
- Extensive experience managing multiple complex simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Excellent technical knowledge and an understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Great organizational skills and a high level of oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- Ability to prioritize workload across multiple projects simultaneously and be comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to deliver the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.