Egencia -- Expedia Group business travel -- is one of the top Travel Management Companies (TMCs) in the world! We provide innovative business travel solutions and local customer service in 65 countries. Egencia is a great place for outstanding people who share our passion for tech and travel.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Egencia Global Controllership team! Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, you will lead the Finance Operations remit responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable supporting a multibillion-dollar portfolio. You will be pivotal in shaping this global function to meet the future needs of the rapidly growing and dynamic business while delivering operational excellence and proactively driving continuous
improvement in execution.
What you will do?
- You will lead a team responsible for the best-in-class operational delivery of Egencia’s AP and AR functions in a timely, accurate and effective manner
- Run the global accounts payable team including Merchant AP, Corporate AP, AP controls, vendor reconciliation, and other Finance Operations areas supporting the growth and scale of the business
- Run the global accounts receivable team including Cash Applications, Credit Card
- Reconciliations, Autopay Operations, Credit Card Rejections, and other Finance
- Coordinate and lead engagements and initiatives with key partners across functions both within Egencia, EGP, and other Expedia Group teams, to ensure delivery of results
- Drive process optimization, standardization, simplification, and process improvement in a very agile and fast-paced environment
- Collaborate across the organization to envision and design the future state of the AP and AR finance operations center of excellence
- Push operational excellence by being an analytical leader applying metrics and by measuring key performance indicators
- Establish work processes and develop policies and procedures to scale to a high growth business model and to exceed stretch targets
- Design, implement and maintain an internal control environment
- Assist in the development of business requirements, system requirements, design, testing, implementation, documentation, and training
- Coach, mentor, and develop your team to be effective partners
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance required
- Demonstrable history leading finance operations and successfully achieving business outcomes in a rapidly changing environment
- Established background of building solid, productive relationships
- Strong understanding of internal controls, SOX, fraud, and operational/financial risks
- A passion for results and first-class delivery, delighting customers
- Challenges the status quo and flourishes with finding new ways to optimize and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the function
- Analytical in nature and understands how to effectively utilize financial systems to achieve the desired operational results
- Proficient in identifying and framing opportunities in a structured, fact-based way that clearly outlines options, risks, and trade-offs
- Naturally curious and a self-starter with an exceptional ability to proactively and rapidly make sense of complex issues and respond effectively
- A phenomenal communicator and communicate in a focused and compelling way to optimally influence key partners
- Strong team developer and talent coach who thrives on developing their teams
- Strong experience in financial and accounting operational processes, financial analysis, and process engineering
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.