The Region Manager is accountable for leading a team within the Centralized Hub for Account Management & Performance Team that is responsible for the account management (strategy implementation, and planning) of lodging products for an assigned geography.
As a Region Manager, you and your team will support delivery of revenue and/or account management goals, by contacting potential lodging partners and successfully transmitting the EG value proposition.
In doing so, you and your team will work with Expedia Group’s tools to help our lodging partners maximize their production potential from their participation in the Expedia marketplace by smartly utilizing the power of Expedia Group’s unique data insights, marketing, distribution and revenue management toolset.
What will you do
- Overall accountability for a Region within the Centralized Hub for Account Management & Performance Team including Partner Experience Associates and Managers.
- Responsible for continuously improving team productivity & effectiveness through coaching interactions, including against the Gold Standard best practice.
- Developing skills & strengthening capabilities of team members, including Partner Experience Managers.
- Effectively drive team performance, handle working relationships, team’s productivity, employee engagement and morale, building a culture aligned with the EG Guiding Principles.
- Collaborate with in-market Account Management and other internal teams on strategic and business development initiatives and ongoing operational issues. These could include, for example, commercial items, like market insights and trends, revenue enhancement opportunities, aggregator strategies, etc.
- Will need to lead and support on transformational change
- Provide input to senior management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Promote Expedia’s full suite of product offerings to lodging partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
- Lead the execution of overall business plans to meet or exceed key targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by leadership
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent, fluency in English + German
- 5-8 years’ experience
- At least 80% of time coaching
- Demonstrated the ability to achieve and set goals
- Lead cross-functional teams successfully in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong project management skills, including multiple projects at a time, prioritize effectively, and to meet deadlines
- Execute market place initiatives with a strong eye on improving margin opportunity, obtaining lodging rates and availability information and driving long term relationships with our supply partners, especially our key accounts
- Ability to influence internal and external decision makers
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental pitching and articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Proficiency with Project Management and CRM tools (preferably Microsoft Project and Salesforce). Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Establish and adhere to priorities in a fast pace environment
Drive for Results
- High impact personality: intellectual agility, entrepreneurship, compassion in relationship, great teammate
- Hungry, determined, motivated, willing to act and results-focused
- Organization and time management skills, rigor, attention to details
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to multi-task effectively and be able to change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Integrates change processes with organizational business plan.
- Coaches team members in behaviours for personal effectiveness, results orientation.
- Authentic relationship builder; earns the confidence of others;
- Bridges and sustains productive and long-term partnerships based on mutual support through a reciprocal style
- Excellent analytical and vital thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem-solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify trends and ensuing business needs.
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, facts decision-making
- Ability to select and present insightful dataset including performance, market and competitor analysis and to implement significant action plans based on the data
- Ability to negotiate/influence with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to understand EG various brands offering in order to pitch partners
- Work with internal stakeholders to propose a compelling offer to our potential customers
Written & Spoken Communication, Listening and Influencing
- Proficiency in English and other required language skills
- Presents ideas and directives clearly and persuasively; actively listens when spoken/presented to
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Ability to influence direction of decisions even when holding a position contrary to the majority.
Build & Maintain Teams
- Use coaching as an effective management tool
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance
- Motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and potentially geographically fragmented team, effectively managing performance and mobilizing team and resources to achieve or exceed set goals
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.