***La description française suivra sous peu. Merci de votre compréhension***
We are looking for a Product Manager to set strategic direction for the content generation and localization components of the Content Platform group. In this role, you will have a significant role in driving scalability and innovation opportunities for products that provide critical platform leverage across all lines of business and geographic markets.
Our mission as a Content Platform team is to create better user experiences by delivering relevant, accurate, complete, and engaging content that helps travelers find the best solution to their travel needs. As a marketplace platform, we enable external partners such as hotels to leverage content that highlights the unique aspects of their offerings.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for improving our scalable publishing capabilities across Expedia brands. It will be your job to inspire and influence by defining, articulating and continuously reinforcing the product vision based on a strong understanding of technology capabilities, business needs, and user preferences. You will have an opportunity to work with and define cutting edge solutions, for example by integrating machine learning capabilities and exploring AI and NLP technologies. You will blend a data-driven approach with operational and customer observations to achieve the next level of publishing scale for structured and unstructured content at EG.
IN THIS ROLE
- You take product concepts from idea through validation, shipping, measurement, and iteration with well-defined epics and stories matched to incremental value delivery,
- You are as adept at exploring technical concepts, architecture, and implementation with developers as you are at understanding business requirements or engaging with operational metrics with our brand stakeholders.
- You work in a small, autonomous agile team along with UX designers, engineers, and marketing to deliver extraordinary products to our customers.
- You talk regularly with customers, stakeholders, and partners to continuously improve our understanding of what helps accelerate our capabilities and business.
- You present to all levels of the organization, from individual developers, operations teams, to senior executives.
- You own all product data analysis and performance monitoring, and can comfortably articulate test scenarios to validate assumptions.
- You keep abreast of market, technology, and business developments, anticipating future needs in product direction.
- You do what is necessary to ship excellent products that meet customer and business needs.
- You think and act team first. As a platform product lead, you look for the greatest leverage for all.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience. MBA or Masters degree in technical or data science fields a plus.
- 5+ years of related experience running technical products, including a deep knowledge of software development methodologies, gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed specifications.
- Experience with and strong interest in natural language processing and text generation, handling of both structured and unstructured data, with solid familiarity in content localization and other scale challenges.
- Firm understanding of SEO principles, content creation/authoring tools and processes.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business and/or technology problems, capable at synthesizing strategic direction with tactical detail to relentlessly progress toward goals.
- Experience leading a portfolio of technology products and/or projects and leading change from inception through delivery; this includes demonstrated ability to run multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to create clarity through developing mental models, establishing decision-making criteria, and determining prioritization principles.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); an ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive execution against project deadlines and deliverables.
- High degree of competency with project management, including issues and risk identification and management, tracking; demonstrated strong attention to detail.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.