Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at Vrbo.com, an Expedia Inc. company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
As for engineering, we solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas. Technologies we work with include Dropwizard, React, MongoDB, Cassandra, Apache Spark, Kafka, Mesos, Splunk, Jenkins, Docker, AWS (EC2, S3, EMR, RDS and multi-data center architecture), and SQL Server.
Who You Are:
· 10+ years’ experience leading & influencing high performance technology teams, by example.
· Demonstrate deep experience in high-scale internet, e-commerce services, service-oriented architectures, and domain driven design
· Full stack development experience with experience in large scale Design and Development
· Strong architecture design skills and ability to communicate and drive adoption
· Experience architecting complex server-side & client-side web applications
· Knowledge and experience in a wide range of technologies including Spring Boot, Dropwizard, React, MongoDB, Cassandra, Apache Spark, Kafka, Mesos, Splunk, Jenkins, Docker, AWS (EC2/ECS, S3, EMR, RDS and multi-data center architecture), and RDBMs.
What You’ll do:
· As a key technology leader, you will be leading the engineering efforts around tooling and governance for the Vrbo Data Technology team; with an emphasis on Java and Scala application development.
· You will provide hands-on technical leadership and lead architectural decisions. You will have the opportunity to coach and mentor several developers globally, and set standards for quality coding and testing.
· Your role will be critical for establishing Expedia’s Data Platform as the Source of Truth for commercial unlock across all of Expedia’s brands and partners..
· You will have direct experience in E-commerce, Internet platforms, API development suites, cloud technologies, and running 24x7 high scale operations.
· You will collaborate with other Development teams, Operations and Production Support Engineers to implement technical requirements
· You will build and maintain a network of key contacts across company and leverage these contacts to achieve results. You will demonstrate proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.