The Network DevOps Engineer provides sound technical support across the organization and is responsible for supporting new and existing products within Expedia’s Corporate network; daily interaction with other Operations, Design and Build organizations will be key components of the role.
The position is part of a dynamic team that interacts with Expedia’s global business organization to ensure the maximum possible service availability and performance for Expedia users, customers and partners. Our team is a highly talented group of professionals who offer a unique blend of core experience and specialized skills in their areas of expertise. Our employees are our greatest competitive advantage.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 Network support including Operation, Change Management and Request Fulfilment for Network Devices – Routers/Switches, Firewalls, Wireless, WAN Optimization.
- Monitoring and support of global corporate network, to meet, and endeavour to exceed, SLA requirements.
- Monitor Support queues and with the guidance of the Operations Manager ensuring potential issues are addressed and or escalated where required
- Keeping all documentation (including LAN/WAN drawings and equipment lists) accurate and up to date.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor incoming network change requests.
- Maintain Technical documentation on network changes.
- Periodic update of support procedure and technical documentations.
- Periodic review and upgrade system firmware, application software and IOS.
- Maintenance and administration of all production IP communications equipment.
- Directly engage with the Network Operations Center on esculations and/or with customers/users to consult with them and manage their requests and issues.
- Vendor and 3rd Party support and escalations.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols - OSPF, EIGRP, BGP.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting Layer 2 networking
- Experience in configuring and upgrading Cisco routers, switches 37xx, 38xx, 45xx, 68xx, VPN gateways, & ASA firewalls.
- Experience with managing and configuring Checkpoint firewalls, 4k & 5k
- Experience with managing and configuring Cisco and/or Aruba Wireless products
- Exposure to WAN Optimization appliances such as Silverpeak
- Candidates with CCNP / CCNA preferred.
- Experience reviewing system configuration settings/policies.
- Experience working with third party vendors and technologies.
- Experience working within operational environments following ITIL & industry best practices frameworks.
- Proficient skills with MS Office to include Visio, Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Strong troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical).
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing and conflicting priorities.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours to include nights and weekends.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rota when required
- Understanding of MPLS, BGP & Internet Exchange Peering.
- Working knowledge of QoS.
- Knowledge & understanding of Multicast.
- Knowledge of Python/Perl/Scripting languages a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Network Tools such as HPNA, Solarwinds, Extrahop, Route Explorer, NetFlow, Wireshark etc.
- Working knowledge of IP Telephony systems - ideally Avaya
Qualifications / Experience:
- •Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field or equivalent experience with Production Management experience preferred.
- At least one professional level certification from CCNA, CCNP Routing and Switching or equivalent experience.
- 5+ or more years related experience required.
- 4+ years of progressive experience in networking and network security including, VPN's, enterprise routing, L3-7 switching, and Cisco IOS, Checkpoint Firewalls & Cisco ASA.
- High level of familiarity implementing and troubleshooting Cisco LAN/WAN/Wireless platforms.
WHO WE ARE
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.