The Director of Market Management will have a strong background leading geographically diverse, results oriented organizations, with an emphasis on consultative selling principles. With a core focus on leading regional Market Management team(s), the key objective of this role will be to provide the guidance and leadership to teams to ensure that revenue targets are exceed within the region.
You will bring a strong business acumen coupled with market place knowledge and a high level of account management expertise to the role. In addition, the ability to motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented organization will ensure success within this assignment.
Your skills in establishing and developing long term relationships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role.
What you’ll do
Focus primarily on managing a multiple-level team within Market Management and regional accounts, and acting as the regional representative for internal or external EI initiatives
- Manages Area Managers (for the markets and team members identified as independent areas), and SMM, MM, AMM and MAs directly for the other unincorporated markets
- Coaches peers and team in executing market strategies.
- Executes on leadership strategy and drives to exceed plan number. Plays a leading role in implementing cross-functional Expedia activities
- Gains deep insight into the market through developing long-term strategic alliances and partnerships that increase the company's competitive advantage, and delivers intelligence into internal competitive tools. Guides Market Managers in prioritizing opportunities for business growth and supports negotiations in the field when beneficial
- Participates in industry events and speaking engagements to share deep industry knowledge, forming long-term, influential relationships in the process
- Focuses on developing mutually beneficial internal relationships across the company functions in the pursuit of innovative opportunity development. Drives internal, cross-functional navigation to facilitate and solve issues encountered by team
- Influences external decision makers to partner with Expedia and to expand Expedia’s industry influence within various markets. Monitors the industry for creative ideas and solutions that can be used with partners.
- Leads the organization by communicating strategy and market insights, fostering an agile work environment, identifying and coaching talent, and building external and internal pipeline
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
Supervision To Be Exercised
6-10 Area Managers or Senior Market Managers
Supervision To Be Received
Direct supervision from Senior Director, Market Management
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA or other post graduate qualification desired
- 6-8 years progressive experience in managing geographically dispersed organizations, ideally in the hospitality or travel industry
- Solid Revenue Management experience
- We have a preference for a background in experience with a large hotel chain
- Past success in mentoring and building organizations that cater to long term customer relationships
- Monitor and successfully lead individual market place success with the core goal of exceeding weekly and monthly revenue targets
- Execute market place initiatives with a strong eye on maximizing margin opportunity, obtaining lodging rates and availability information, and driving better relationships with our supply partners
- Drive relevant data sets and deliver actionable information to the assigned customer base.
- Advance working skills in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of yield management principles and practices
- Strong focus on “team” with a “get it done” attitude
- Experience working in a flexible, fast paced ever changing and challenging environment
- Relationship Management: Establishes and builds healthy working relationships with partners.
- Solution Alignment: Evaluates rates and availability with an understanding of products, services, and the market for the purpose of obtaining favorable arrangements for Expedia.
- Written & Spoken Communications, Listening, and Influencing: Conveys, receives, and interprets ideas and information, presents information appropriately to a diverse range of audiences, and influences partner decisions.
- Build & Maintain Teams: Encourages, motivates, and guides individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness and develops and improves performance.
- Strategy Execution: Develops goals, ideas and initiatives that improve the organization's performance, manage costs, and motivate change at all levels.
- Drive for Results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.