At Expedia Group, we have an incredible story to tell – and a global audience of 28,000 employees and millions of prospective employees to share it with. That’s why the Employee Communications & Engagement team is looking for top tier talent to join us as a Senior Manager, Employee Communications & Engagement.
Combining your sharp critical thinking, first-class writing and editing, impeccable planning and polished relationship-building skills, this role is pivotal in creating campaigns that influence employee knowledge, sentiment and behavior to achieve business results. As a key architect of our global narrative, you will partner closely with colleagues across Expedia Group to develop plans, craft and distribute content and measure its impact.
You will be on point to own and drive communications for some of the most important employee-facing topics, influencing, planning and executing Expedia Group’s most strategically important stories and employee experiences. The doors are open to you to be a core designer positioning Expedia Group as a place where exceptional people, with a passion for tech and travel, are inspired and motivated to do their best work.
We are a nimble, mighty team sharing our passion for technology, for travel, and for the magic that happens when technology and travel come together to make the world a better place and bring the world within reach for hundreds of millions of customers. If you have a hunger to drive best-in-class storytelling and create brand-defining experiences for a leading company filled with beloved travel brands and you want to work in a driven, passionate and optimistic communications team that PR Week has named a Best Place to Work for communications talent, this is the job for you.
What you'll do:
- Lead the end-to-end development of employee-focused content strategy for global, business-critical initiatives, and implement this strategy to create content that attracts, engages, informs and delights employees – in a range of formats (e.g. written, experiential, digital) and channels (e.g. intranet, social, events)
- Develop relationships with partners across Expedia Group, including senior leaders, and work closely with them to develop internal communications campaigns that bring the Expedia Group narrative to life
- Lead large virtual teams, with participation from the EG Brands Experience and Events teams, and other colleagues from across Expedia Group, to develop and realize plans
- Build a deep understanding of our audience’s needs and preferences, and our business’ priorities. Use this understanding to counsel and influence partners to play it safe or make bold moves with content as needed
- Actively identify and lead opportunities to drive Expedia Group priorities through storytelling
- Manage and resolve multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities, to maximize the impact of employee communications across Expedia Group overall
- Ensure all content is approved, on-brand, and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice
- Develop methods to collect Employee Comms and Engagement metrics, sharing results with relevant team members to acknowledge progress and inform decision-making
- Participate actively in the wider Expedia Group communications community, developing and sharing standard methodologies for employee communications, leading by example and proactively seeking opportunities to align messaging
- Play a key role in influencing our channel and content strategy, ensuring it stays ahead of business and audience needs
- Serve as a mentor to junior staff members
Who you are:
- Exceptional partnership and interpersonal skills – including the ability to represent Expedia Group’s business internally and externally to your peers and to leadership
- Demonstrated results in working with and leading the thinking of partners and stakeholders including ability to counsel them regarding message content and delivery
- Curious, nimble and driven puzzle solver who brings people along in the journey through collaboration, vision-setting, clarity of purpose, authenticity and positivity
- Extraordinary communicator with a knack for fostering positive relationships with people in different disciplines and at different levels and A+ writing skills, visual story-telling skills, and presentation skills
- Comfortable with dynamic working environment and tight deadlines
- Ability to manage changing requirements as well as multiple overlapping projects at one time and to help the team organize themselves to do so as well
- Passion for building process and structure to support the creative process and ultimately optimize execution of day-to-day work and scheduled deliverables
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, particularly with demonstrated experience in highly matrixed organizations a plus
Experience and Qualification:
- 7+ years of Employee/ Internal Communications experience in a corporate or agency environment; travel and/or tech industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience working closely with executive or leadership roles, particularly in highly innovative, fast-moving environments, with a proven record of results
- Exceptional writing, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to synthesize data into logical conclusions and recommendations
- Comfortable with intense, passionate working environments and tight deadlines
- A self-guided leader, creative, responsible, high-energy, eager to work with other departments and independently
- Willingness to jump in on an array of projects as requested; eager to learn new skills
- Real passion for attracting, retaining, engaging, and building talent
- Experience in highly matrixed organizations a plus
- Extensive portfolio demonstrating a solid track record of creative and strategic storytelling; a focus on writing and editing is essential, with work in additional media preferred
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.