Director Sales Support
Compensation plan: EG Plan
Relocation provided: Yes
Expedia Partner Solutions are seeking a dynamic leader of a team of Sales Support specialists across EMEA, LATAM and North America. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We’re an entrepreneurial start-up inside the world’s biggest travel company. We create the tools and technology that help millions of travelers find the perfect hotels for their next trips. As the world’s largest and fastest-growing affiliate network, we work with thousands of partners in 33 countries to turn their web traffic into hotel bookings and happy customers.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
- Managing the Sales Support team:
- Lead a team of 6-9 Sales Support Specialists based in NAMER, Latam and EMEA that supports EPS business as well as the Account Managers and Business Development Managers
- Implement developing strategy, prioritizing wide sales initiatives
- Manage the execution and prioritization of the team’s support tasks, such as internal sales processes, partner reporting, and escalation handling
- Implement initiatives to continuously improve the processes of new and existing accounts
- Help Sales teams achieve success by ensuring our partner set-up and configuration processes are executed effectively and providing reporting and information
- Based on EPS strategic plan the candidate will define "success" with the team and support them to achieve that ambition
- Develop and continue to grow, improve and challenge a strong and motivated Sales Support teams, including leading business and skill-based training, and ensuring delivery of our business objectives and our financial targets with the team
- Regular 121 coaching sessions with team to identify competencies that can be improved, agree a professional development plan and support them in achieving their potential following Expedia Group Guiding Principles
- Internal Relationship Management: Working closely with the department leads including sales, product, analytics, finance and strategy to articulate the needs of the partner base and foster a collaborative approach across the broader EPS business
- Lead on-going, day-to-day performance of the EPS Partnerships and influence across other functions (including Marketing, Operations, Technology & Site Optimization) to resolve issues as they arise
- Reports to the Senior Director of Sales
Who you are:
You’ll fit this role if you have:
- Proven track record in building, growing and developing high performing teams
- Outstanding written and oral communication, sales and negotiation skills
- Outstanding analytical, must be able to use data to identify underlying trends and make informed commercial decisions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Strong numerical and problems solving skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, cross functional and fast paced environment
- Solution based approach to sales with a good understanding of technology
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills
- Consistent track record in successfully managing key accounts in a B2B environment
- Experienced within the airline, travel technology/distribution industry would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven track record in influencing multiple stakeholders to get things done
- Creative and global strategic planner
- Fluency in English. Second language (European) a plus
- Bachelor´s degree with related industry experience within the travel or technology sector
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.