Brand Marketing Analyst
At Hotels.com, we’re passionate about using Technology and Data to create an amazing travel experience and bring people of the world closer together. We use analysis methods that range from simple to very sophisticated, depending on the business need.
We are currently looking for an exceptional analytically-minded individual to join the brand analytics team and help tackle questions directly influencing the company strategy and touching a broad range of areas, including but not limited to where should we spend? how should we measure impact?
You will be part of the team which continues to transform how we measure the performance of brand-building activities across Expedia Group!
What You’ll Do:
You will be involved in analytics projects which include the following:
- Run tests globally to evaluate the impact of specific marketing spend decisions - incremental testing, pre-post analysis, spike analysis
- Help improve various methodological approaches to marketing analytics
- Support the development of global testing tools to support the decision-making of brand marketing teams, globally
- Implement new approaches or solutions - including data-warehousing and tool interfaces or 3rd party analysis vendors
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or higher within analytics, statistical and/or computer programming related discipline
- Curious – Willing to learn and always striving for better
- Impact-oriented – Keen to make a difference in everything you do – for our customers - using the most practical approach
- Can-do attitude – Focused, resilient, and able to work towards goals with energy
- Flexible - Able to work on several projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Teammate - Work collaboratively to tackle challenges, across borders and teams
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and strong commercial acumen
- A very strong background in a quantitative discipline such as economics, mathematics, physics, engineering, operations research, data science or similar
- Good technical skills (programming and/or statistical) and/or ability and willingness to ramp up very quickly. Comfortable using query and scripting languages for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualizing data. SQL & R preferable, Python would be a bonus
- Ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and clearly, both written and oral
- Exposure to the travel industry and brand marketing is a bonus; willingness to ramp up is required
Relocation (Y/N): N
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.