The Director, Market Operations (MO) for Latin America (LATAM) drives customer centricity, efficiency, and ownership into the content and lodging operations teams located in our Dallas multi-lingual contact center (MLCC). The successful candidate must be an expert in championing change, driving compelling business cases, operationalizing a strategy and vision for the region while supporting an inclusive and diverse workplace. They must be inspired by leading change management and driving process improvement, while also ensuring achievement of day-to-day metrics.
The incumbent will lead several functional areas/teams with a total staff of approximately 70+, including three-five direct reports. The role reports directly to the Sr. Director, MO Americas. The overall Americas MO team is approximately 450 people, with both permanent and contingent staff, split over seven locations across North and South America.
This Director is responsible for partnering with peers in the Market Management department to ensure Expedia Group brings value and helps lodging partners find success on our platform; assisting us in being the best account management team the world has ever seen. To be successful, the candidate must passionately care, coach, and develop staff in the Dallas MLCC to attain objectives and to maintain employee engagement and retention.
Given the operational and strategic scope of this position, this leader is recognized both internally and externally as a high performing and personable operational leader and is a key member of the senior leadership team for the Americas MO team. Incumbents play an influencing role within the industry to support Expedia Group’s lodging partners and increase Expedia Group’s visibility across the external marketplace.
- Title: Director, MO LATAM
- Brand: Travel Partner Group
- Location: Dallas
- Reports To: Sr. Director, MO AMERS
- Team Size: 70+ people
- Direct Reports: Managers and Individual Contributors
- What you'll do
- Maintain strong alignment and partnerships with other peers, departments, and businesses so that overall strategies and activities are well planned, communicated, and effectively delivered to reach our strategic and operational objectives.
- Build and communicate clear and focused operational plans for the MLCC, including developing OKRs, managing KPIs, and challenging the team to provide a world class experience for our lodging partners
- Find opportunities to improve hotel content; inspire greater creativity and provide a unique offering to our hotel partners.
- Develop end to end implementation and project plans to deliver on key business initiatives.
- Lead, inspire, and coach a team of operationally dispersed individuals.
- Work closely with Product, Brands, Technology, User Experience, SEM, SEO, and other Expedia Group brands to drive conversion improvements, customer engagement, and traffic improvements through destination content.
- Clearly share findings and recommendations from initiatives to the leadership team and to the broader organization.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships and alignment with other functional groups within the global lodging group at the senior leadership level.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the organization in an effort to make valuable contributions in every step of every process
- Who you are
- Previous experience in managing and effectively influencing large matrixed teams (20+) in a dynamic industry.
- Skilled at driving process improvement and familiarity with LEAN management practices
- Superior business analysis skills paired with strong judgement
- Passionate about streamlining and automating processes to create greater efficiencies.
- Experience in managing a sizable international operations environment with a mix of hourly wage contractors and permanent employees.
- Experience with customer-focused organizations
- Familiarity with e-Commerce functionality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- High attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to tackle multiple activities.
- Familiarity with the hospitality industry is preferred
- Spanish or Portuguese language abilities are preferred
- MBA preferred
- Why join us
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
- If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
- Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.