Senior Director Lodging Supply
As the Senior Director Lodging Supply supporting the Hotwire business, you will be the cross-functional owner of the global opaque supply strategy, inclusive of managing of key relationships, developing internal and external partner-facing tools, evolving our product to satisfy both customer and supplier needs, and designing, developing, and inspiring your team to drive each of these priorities.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a multi-layered team of ~50 dispersed throughout North America including direct reports leading Hotel Account Management, Global Accounts, and Supply Strategy & Operations
- Work closely with and set strategy & direction for leaders of Supply Analytics and Supplier Experience Product
- In addition to supporting your team in managing relationships, this leader will have direct relationships with senior (VP/SVP) stakeholders at key hotel chains, management companies, and distribution partners
- Develop a strong product vision for how partners should manage rates and availability, interact with the data, and successfully engage with the Expedia Group model, as well as how that model should evolve to make Hotwire more relevant and strategic partners to hotel suppliers
- Collaborate with counterparts in Product and Technology to prioritize and deliver on these strategic initiatives
- As a member of the Hotwire Brand Leadership Team and the North American Market Management Leadership Team, you will actively work with peers across Product, Technology, Marketing, Analytics, Customer Operations, Finance, and Legal to execute toward Hotwire's and Travel Partner Group’s business and organizational goals to leverage the power of the Expedia Group platform
- Responsible for diagnosing and explaining the supply drivers' impact on business performance and incorporating a supply point of view into strategy discussions
- Leadership will include initiatives both directly related to Hotwire and broader Travel Partner Group
- Execute a leadership strategy and aim to drive further marketplace success by creating a regional account management and acquisition plan; play a leading role in implementing cross-functional Expedia Group activities
- Influence external decision makers to partner with Expedia and to expand Expedia’s industry influence within various markets; monitor the industry for creative ideas and solutions that can be used with partners
Who you are:
- Strong people management across a variety of functions (sales, operations, technical development, and others)
- Comfort synthesizing large amounts of data into valuable information and visualizing that information into powerful presentations
- Ability to influence internally and externally, particularly with senior executive stakeholders
- Operational rigor, process-focus, and project management
- Expertise and perceived credibility in lodging industry, online travel, and hotel revenue management
- Fluency communicating with specialists across Product, Technology, Marketing, and other groups
- Understanding of relevant technologies and concepts such as APIs, microservice architecture, database administration, agile methodology and general technical empathy
- Experience interpreting financial statements (P&L, balance sheet) and participating in forecasting process
- Dynamic experience in handling geographically dispersed organizations, with several layers of management, preferably in technology or eCommerce
- Experience working in a flexible, dynamic, and challenging environment, ideally in a matrix structure
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.